Cowboys called '08 opponents for advice about Owens future

I found it interesting the 'Boys called opponents for advice regarding Owens.

By RICK HERRINand CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

rickherrin@star-telegram.comchill@star-telegram.com

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says at the top of his list regarding Terrell Owens’ release was that it was good for Tony Romo.

Jones calls it being "Romo-friendly."

What Jones means is that he wants to allow his Pro Bowl quarterback the opportunity to use all his weapons, rather than maintain a heavy commitment to Owens. Removing Owens allows Romo to utilize his strengths of moving in the pocket and spreading the ball around. Jones is looking for the emergence of Roy Williams as the No. 1 receiver and a breakout season from Miles Austin.

"I do believe where we are at Tony’s options, where to get the ball and where to go, I do think this is going in the direction of Romo-friendly," Jones said in an interview Tuesday on The Fan 105.3 FM. "Rest assured, that was one of the first things I had at the top of my list was this decision is good for Tony."

Before Owens’ release, Jones not only consulted members of the organization but other teams who defended against him. Last season Owens struggled getting off the line of scrimmage against press coverage.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1250748.html

I found it interesting the 'Boys called opponents for advice regarding Owens.

By RICK HERRINand CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

rickherrin@star-telegram.comchill@star-telegram.com

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says at the top of his list regarding Terrell Owens’ release was that it was good for Tony Romo.

Jones calls it being "Romo-friendly."

What Jones means is that he wants to allow his Pro Bowl quarterback the opportunity to use all his weapons, rather than maintain a heavy commitment to Owens. Removing Owens allows Romo to utilize his strengths of moving in the pocket and spreading the ball around. Jones is looking for the emergence of Roy Williams as the No. 1 receiver and a breakout season from Miles Austin.

"I do believe where we are at Tony’s options, where to get the ball and where to go, I do think this is going in the direction of Romo-friendly," Jones said in an interview Tuesday on The Fan 105.3 FM. "Rest assured, that was one of the first things I had at the top of my list was this decision is good for Tony."

Before Owens’ release, Jones not only consulted members of the organization but other teams who defended against him. Last season Owens struggled getting off the line of scrimmage against press coverage.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1250748.html

I will bet that the other teams in their division were ready to step up and help the Cowboys get better. "Jerry Owens really sucks why don't you trade him out of the division"

I will bet that the other teams in their division were ready to step up and help the Cowboys get better. "Jerry Owens really sucks why don't you trade him out of the division"

:(

"Roy Williams can easily get 1,000 yards and 10+TD's for you...even though he's done it once and never in his 5-year career."