Forgotten Bill....

I've followed almost every (credible) thread on here since FA started, and with all the talk of drafting LB's I think everyone is forgetting about Alvin Bowen -- I thought he looked good before he was hurt last year and I loved him in college. I think there is a possibility that he is the answer to fill that OLB spot and allow us to focus on DE/TE in the first 2 rounds, assuming we lose Crowell. If Crabtree were to fall to us, he would be tough to pass up, but I don't really see that happening now that Cinci is w/o their arguably best receiver.

Heres to hoping we sign Coles, Bowen steps up and we either take the best DE or TE available. Thoughts?

I've followed almost every (credible) thread on here since FA started, and with all the talk of drafting LB's I think everyone is forgetting about Alvin Bowen -- I thought he looked good before he was hurt last year and I loved him in college. I think there is a possibility that he is the answer to fill that OLB spot and allow us to focus on DE/TE in the first 2 rounds, assuming we lose Crowell. If Crabtree were to fall to us, he would be tough to pass up, but I don't really see that happening now that Cinci is w/o their arguably best receiver.

Heres to hoping we sign Coles, Bowen steps up and we either take the best DE or TE available. Thoughts?

Keith Ellison: 6'0, 228

Alvin Bowen: 6'1, 222

no thanks. special teams only.

Look at a youtube clip of Bowen and I think fears of his size will disappear. He is a physical football player, a hitter.

Bowen will not fit in Fewell's defense because he is not a finesse player. We need toughness and Bowen has it.

No one is forgetting Bowen, at least I'm not. I was pretty high on him last year in the draft, but not being on the field last year didn't help him. He's going to need time on the field to adjust to the NFL and translate his skills from college to the pros. He is a great prospect and I would have no problems replacing Ellison with him. Also he is more suited to coverage and playmaking rather than pass rushing which is a priority this year.

You can't seriously be considering banking on the guy who was a late round pick and blew his knee out, never playing a game his rookie year, to take over the starting OLB spot.

The guy was a tackling machine, for sure, but I really only envisioned him as a ST star, and maybe a contributor on D in the future.

That said, the FA market is far better at OLB than at DE, TE or C. Hopefully we bring a guy in at OLB and then draft DE, TE and C.

Mind you, if Raji is there, you take him. Same goes for Crabtree.

I too have wondered why some are so ready to assume that a low draft choice, Bowen, who didn't play a down last year is even a consideration to shore up our very shakey LOLB spot. I still think we fill this position, and LG, through FA, then go LDE and TE # 1 and 2 in the draft. Our team's #1 need, IMO, is a pass rush from the LDE spot. THAT, me thinks, would make the whole team better.