One good thing about this team.........

shagmago

It forces you to drink!!!..............They implode during the season and they continue that in the off season. FITZPATRICK?? Why didnt "WE"go after Cassel for our 34th pick? or Garcia or Kitna? FUMBLE ROOSKY! Next Bills big FA signing is Lions 3rd string tightend..Average player,big guy named steve jones....Lets get him, he`s a nice guy,good for the community and the price is right!......when are the spinning of the wheels going to stop. GOT COORS?:doh:

It forces you to drink!!!..............They implode during the season and they continue that in the off season. FITZPATRICK?? Why didnt "WE"go after Cassel for our 34th pick? or Garcia or Kitna? FUMBLE ROOSKY! Next Bills big FA signing is Lions 3rd string tightend..Average player,big guy named steve jones....Lets get him, he`s a nice guy,good for the community and the price is right!......when are the spinning of the wheels going to stop. GOT COORS?:doh:

First off... Coors doesn't count as drinking. My mother-in-law drinks it, so it's hardly something to brag about on a message board.

Fitzpatrick is a back-up. Garcia, Kitna or Cassel would have all brought QB controversy to mini-camp. It doesn't cost us anything, and like it or not... the organization has decided that he's the future.

I'm willing to bet (figuratively of course, unless you have a Paypal account) that most of the people on this board would not want to see Cassel here for draft picks.

Our pick in the 2nd round is at #42 (the Patriots received #34) so it would have cost us that and another pick. Cassel is hard to evaluate because of the surrounding excellence of the Patriot's organization. Derek Anderson's 2007 Brown's season is an example of the value of having one good season.

And just because Belichick traded Bledsoe in division before doesn't mean he'd trade Cassel now. For one thing he probably had a good sense of Drew's limitations when he fleeced us.

In addition, there's a strong sense that Belichick was going to deal Cassel to Kansas City anyways because their new GM Scott Pioli and Belichick are close friends having worked together for a long time. This buddiness is further evidenced by the Mike Vrabel to Kansas City trade from yesterday.

So, two draft picks including #42 for Cassel who may or may not be a bona fide starter in this league?

And who's to say that the Patriots would have dealt him to the Bills anyways?

Finally for better or worse (and I personally think it's for the better) this organization has very strong faith that Trent Edwards is the real deal. If we do trade away high draft picks I for one would rather it not be done for Matt Cassel.

First off... Coors doesn't count as drinking. My mother-in-law drinks it, so it's hardly something to brag about on a message board.

Fitzpatrick is a back-up. Garcia, Kitna or Cassel would have all brought QB controversy to mini-camp. It doesn't cost us anything, and like it or not... the organization has decided that he's the future.

First off.... if your mother in law is hot then Ill take the braggng rights....If not, then she doesnt count as a mother in law.

Who`s to say Garcia or Kitna couldnt beat Edwards out?...We need the best QB we can get in there!Their both more mobile and they have more experience.We need that,especially with our o-line being not much more then a speed bump.

(Only kidding about the m-law)

First off.... if your mother in law is hot then Ill take the braggng rights....If not, then she doesnt count as a mother in law.

Who`s to say Garcia or Kitna couldnt beat Edwards out?...We need the best QB we can get in there!Their both more mobile and they have more experience.We need that,especially with our o-line being not much more then a speed bump.

(Only kidding about the m-law)

If the brass has decided that Edwards is the future, it doesn't do us any good to put him on the bench for part or all of this season. Even if Kitna or Garcia were better than Edwards, neither one is getting us deep in the playoffs... or even into the playoffs. We might as well get Edwards another season under his belt, working on his timiing with our wideouts and learning to read pro secondaries.

I'd feel differently if we had the league's top defense, and if I honestly thought that a moderate one year step up at QB would make a substantial difference.