FA wish list

BillsFan74

Here are some players that could help change the fortunes in Buffalo and help us make a playoff push.

Offense:

1. Matt Birk - Good Vet 3 yr deal plus draft a C prospect

2. Stacey Andrews - A RT Big improvement

3. Brandon Moore - Upgrade at G for less than Dockery

4. Devery Henderson - His age is a plus, price should be less than other vets.

Defense:

1. Haynesworth - High price but a beast

2. Derrick Brooks - 2 yr deal draft a young player to groom

3. Brian Dawkins - Useful for 2 yrs.

If these were proposed offseason moves for a Madden franchise, I would say thats a fantastic plan. In real life there's a lot more to it than that. Do you really suppose that a guy like Brooks who has played in Florida his entire collegiate and pro career would want to sign some bogus deal to play in Buffalo on a team that is far from an obvious contender? I would love us to get Brooks, but there's multiple holes in that plan aside from the one I just mentioned. Brooks is exclusively a weakside linebacker. It wouldn't be impossible but it would require positional adjustments from our linebackers.

I like Birk. Good plan. really any quality Center or Guard.

As far as Andrews, I like him as a player but he's coming off of a major injury and if we sign him I'd hope it was for him to play guard. I think Walker had arguably the best year of any of our lineman. He got shown up on a play here or there but for the most part was solid throughout, he didn't get injured really, and his price is palatable.

Brandon Moore could work, the Jets had a solid run game this year.

Henderson, we already have a guy like him on our roster, his name is Roscoe Parrish, only he's better.

DT is not our primary position of need and although adding a Haynesworth is always good, it may not be in the best interest of the organization to dedicate such a large chunk of change there.

Dawkins would be sweet although he doesn't look as nasty as he used to as seems to be perpetually injured. I prefer Sean Jones as a safety signing.

What about Amani Toomer, good physical veteran who is accustomed to cold weather. He has size, should come cheap, brings leadership attributes and presents at least a moderate threat in the red zone.

3. Brandon Moore - Upgrade at G for less than Dockery

This is the only one that is realistic.

I would also like to see them sign an older WR to a one-year deal as a stop-gap/helper as insurance on Hardy. I think it would do the team and our QB's good to have another veteran. Toomer, Galloway, Bobby Engram would be low risk, high reward.