A good word about Mike Williams

I have begun thinking about my midterm assessments that I plan to do after next weeks games. After his getting a tremndously costly false start in the red zone last week that essentially put this red-deficient group into FG mode by second and goal Iwas getting ready to acknowledge the way to early bust labels which he started to land even last season.

However, in the wake of what was one of the better games this season by the OL and one with no sacks, a 100 yard rusher and (finally) a couple of rushing TDs the whole OL has to be given credit for doing their jobs.

While it is way to early to declare Williams successfully rehabilitated after he did not take his family troubles like a pro this off-season (being upset by a death of his near-Mom grandmother is understandable as a human, but as a professional with teammates counting on him and him getting big bucks for a public job professionalism is simply a requirement for him) his performance is on track.

The issue of last week's boner is a real one, but what I discovered in my looking into this is that the false start is actually the only penalty which has been called on Williams this year.

He ain't a bust yet and has a lot still to prove to his City and his teammates duringthe final 9 games, but so far so good for him as an individual player. Now he needs to step it up to #4 pick levels.

Mike Williams is 100% a B U S T

He was the #4 pick in the draft 3 YEARS ago. It isn't just his false start last week, he has regulary gotten torched by speed rushes from the outside. He's a right tackle! He's got some good run blocking skills but hasn't been dominant. He should be moved to guard where his weaknesses can't be exploited as easily.

The #4 pick in the draft should be a dominant player. Mike Williams is in no sense of the word dominant. He's a barely adequate Right Tackle. You need more from the #4 pick. Bust.

RunTheBall

Mike Williams is 100% a B U S T

The #4 pick in the draft should be a dominant player. Mike Williams is in no sense of the word dominant. He's a barely adequate Right Tackle. You need more from the #4 pick. Bust.

RunTheBall

94252[/snapback]

ALL draft picks are a crap shoot. The player they took at four would have never met the unrealistically high expectations of this group.