BBC Correspondent Cries for Arafat

BBC

The world watches the unfolding drama as the man who has become the symbol for Palestinian nationalism seems to hover between life and death. Though full of uncertainties, Mr Arafat's life has been one of sheer dedication and resilience.

To be honest, the coverage of Yasser Arafat's illness and departure from Palestine was a real grind. I churned out one report after the other, without any sense of drama.

Yet when the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound, I started to cry... without warning.

Throughout his years of revolution, peace, and uprising, the Palestinian leader has been an enduring national symbol.

Such kind words for the Father of Modern Arab Terrorism. What a hero.

BBC

Such kind words for the Father of Modern Arab Terrorism.  What a hero.

93677[/snapback]

We should not be surprised at all by this kind of behavior. My bet is that if kerry wins, arafat will more then likely be invited to come on over and get some fine medical care here in the good ole USA. Then as he recovers he will be able to stay at one of terseas five palaces.

Aww yes, making peace with the terrorists, that is what we can look forward to with kerry.

My opinion is, let the murdering terrorist bastard die a slow and painful death....he is trash, and he needs to be taken out.