Talking About QB Edwards ......

Kenwick

QB Edwards still has a lot to prove. We know he has a quick release and can see the field better then most QB's. However he does not look so good with someone in his face 75% of the time. How many times have we seen him drop back for a pass with a defender in his face. Answer is too often... This can shake up a passer to no end. His offensive line is just starting to jell. With a better center who can block those DT's and can roll out for the running game, we will see a much better running game. Having a TE who can stretch the field and block again would be a major improvement over what he has now.

Good and Great QB's all have good offensive lines. They also have quality targets to throw to. They have a running attack that can move the chains.

Edwards has none of these right now. He does have the runners, but they do not have the blockers to open the lanes and holes. The runners mostly make their own yardage. Our O-line needs to get on the same page to open holes and lanes like championship teams do.

It won't take much on the part of Bills management to get the help Edwards needs. A tall TE to stretch the field. A Center who can block and roll out. Maybe another WR, or fast developement of Hardy. Also better coaching would really improve this team. I think we could all agree with this.

Yes, Edwards can be a good one when he has better talent around him. I think this will happen during the off season period. We can only hope...

Them be my thoughts :wallbash:<_<:wallbash:

I disagree with this assessment. Many of Trent's errors came when teams dropped into coverage and Edwards made bad reads. If you look at the Browns' game, I think you'll see that many (but not all) of those bad throws were unforced.

Due to his quick release and effectiveness at short throws, I think he actually did okay when being blitzed.