How many more games do we win IF we replace

bananathumb

It's not too difficult to imagine improving these 3 positions, given the cap space we have + an 11th pick in the draft.

For example, we sign a Birk or a Peppers, then draft kids like Orakpo, Cook or Casey. What's so outlandish about that?

So...saying we do something like this, what kind of improvement would it make in the team's record?

If any?

Good question.

The Bills have drafted fairly well in the last 5 years, but the team hasn't been able to draft that "game changing/franchise type of player." Yes, Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch have been solid picks, but they aren't a top 7 player at their position in the league.

I do see Buffalo having a legitimate shot at Birk, so this is a huge upgrade over Fowler/Preston at center. As much as I would love to see Buffalo trade Kelsay or release him in camp for salary cap purposes, I don't think it will happen. Yes, Peppers would be a gigantic upgrade at DE; however, answer this question: Can you really see Julius Peppers in a Bills uniform given our history and management's spending history? No!

A TE as has been mentioned in many previous posts would help out Trent Edwards whose game seems to mirror the dink and dunk game of Chad Pennington. The Bills could easily find an upgrade in Rounds 1-3. Some posters believe free agent Bo Scaife is the answer. If you look at his stats the last 5 years you'll notice that he is only a marginal upgrade over Robert Royal.

If the Bills do upgrade C/DE/TE, I expect a one game improvement. If the Bills play more consistently, get Evans the ball more by opening up the play book, and if management isn't so conservative with their corners playing 10 yards off of the ball. And, if the pass rush actually becomes legitimate, then Buffalo has a shot at the playoffs.

That's a lot of IF'S. Low Expectation: 6-10/7-9 next year Everything comes together: 8-8/9-7.