NO Hockey Night in Canada

taterhill

After reading the article is today's Buffalo News, WHO CARES??

As a fan, unless the strike ends up with lower ticket prices for me, I lose! The best you can hope for is prices stay the same, and they are already too high. No matter who wins, the fan has little to gain. If the players win, they get to keep and increase their already big salaries. If the owners win, they get to reduce costs and make more profit. I guess we need to root for the owners so the Sabres can at least compete with equal salaries through the league, with a cap in place

After reading the article is today's Buffalo News, WHO  CARES??

As a fan, unless the strike ends up with lower ticket prices for me, I lose!  The best you can hope for is prices stay the same, and they are already too high.  No matter who wins, the fan has little to gain.  If the players win, they get to keep and increase their already big salaries.  If the owners win, they get to reduce costs and make more profit.  I guess we need to root for the owners so the Sabres can at least compete with equal salaries through the league, with a cap in place

92675[/snapback]

Actually you SHOULD care, for the reasons you mentioned above. If the players win, owners have to spend more, which means higher ticket prices since it's not like TV or merchandise revenue is going to increase on its won to off-set things. If the owners win, players' salaries are kept in-check and ticket price increases are less frequent/dramatic.