My master plan is in full effect

Bobonators, Everette Brown weighed in at 252 that's 8 lbs lighter than Greg Hardy, why wouldn't he make it in a 4-3? How much did Aaron Schobel weigh when he made the Pro Bowl? Let's get off of the weight issue, Everette Brown is a bonafide "football player" period. Greg Hardy has had injury problems with his foot/ankle, do you really want to gamble with that type injury with the 11th pick in the draft? Schobel has a foot/ankle injury and many of the posters want to send him to the glue factory. Everette Brown as been injury free his career and if he is there at 11 the Bills should select him.

1. Question. Have you seen either Greg Hardy or Brown play? You're kinda twisting what i said around. I never said that Brown wouldn't make it in a 4-3, i'm simply saying that Hardy (in my opinion--and many others) is better suited for a 4-3 than Brown. (for the NFL)

2. Gamble? What pick in the draft isn't a gamble? I'm basing my pick purely on upside and raw talent. And in my opinion, Hardy is the second most talented player at DE for a 4-3 in this draft. None of his injuries have been severe. He's still young.

3. I never said to pick Hardy at 11. I would look to take him by trading down to the mid-to-high 20's and taking him there and getting an extra 2nd in the process.

I haven't heard anyone mention Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech. He is a beast 6'7" 265lbs. and a 4.65 forty. now dont say he is just an athlete may i remind you of Dwigth Freeney. I am personal friends with someone who worked as a trainer at Syracuse while Dwight was there and says he see's a lot of of Johnson in Dwight. Oh yea and my point before about dwight was that he was a pure freak of an athlete coming out of college and was actually projected to be drafted late but the colts came in and took hium with there first pick. So what do you think?

Obviously, I like the plan. If it were realistic. I don't think we have a chance in hell to sign Dansby unfortunately. He and Adrian Wilson are the sole reason the Cardinals defense has held up. He will expect big money and probably will get it. No way Ralph throws that kind of money into him (though I wish he would).

I like the draft as I actually am a little more impressed w/ Hardy than Orakpo, though I admit I have not seen either play enough. Hardy is an athlete and if you can grab him in the back of the 1st round I would be content. That being said, if Curry, Maualuga, Brown, Maybin fall to the Bills at 11, they can't trade out. Brown might be a better fit for a 3-4, but you take the best player.

Note: This draft is going to be filled with 1st round talent DE's. From Hardy, to Johnson, to Maybin, to Brown, to Orakpo, to Selvie, etc. Someone will fall to the 2nd round. If we fail to sign a DE in the offseason and we draft a linebacker in the 1st, a decent DE should be available in the 2nd. Plus, there will be the inevitable rise and fall of some of these guys after the combine and pro-days. I bet Maybin/Brown will be top DE's and Orakpo will be the top 4-3 DE. I think Hardy will be taken near the end of the 1st and Selvie/Johnson will fall to the 2nd. Just my thoughts.

I haven't heard anyone mention Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech. He is a beast 6'7" 265lbs. and a 4.65 forty. now dont say he is just an athlete may i remind you of Dwigth Freeney. I am personal friends with someone who worked as a trainer at Syracuse while Dwight was there and says he see's a lot of of Johnson in Dwight. Oh yea and my point before about dwight was that he was a pure freak of an athlete coming out of college and was actually projected to be drafted late but the colts came in and took hium with there first pick. So what do you think?

I've mentioned him in other threads. I've only seen Johnson play 3 times, and what I did see I loved. However, I understand those who aren't thrilled with him, b/c of his lack of playing time at the college level.

Johnson reminds me more of Kearse than Freeney. I'm on the bubble with drafting him. I would personally prefer Brown over Johnson, but it depends on who's there when we pick and if we're able to trade down or not.

Good post though. :thumbsup: