Cannot Do This Anymore

jbodine

Continue Supporting Bills?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Will you continue supporting the Bills financially?

• yes
    • no

As I don't live in WNY, I don't contribute much, financially, to the Bills as it is, these days. i try to make a game or two a year (couldn't this year) and will continue to do so. That is about the only direct contribution I make.

Just as an FYI, deciding to stop buying Bills merchandise (of which I own little) hurts the Bills VERY little, as the revenue is shared with the other NFL teams (except Dallas). Discontinuing the DTV Direct Ticket doesn't really hurt the Bills much as, again, that is shared money.

So, make all the symbolic gestures you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking that your actions are making a financial statement at OBD. The only way to stop supporting the Bills financially, is to stop buying tickets, spending money at the stadium, etc.

All these people jumping ship: If we start 3-0 next year or are at least mildly entertaining, you better not blabber on about how devoted you are. This team is in a crap funk. Every franchise goes through this. I know we're all frustrated because sometimes it seems ownership doesn't give a rat's a** about building a winner. But c'mon!! They were one missed FG and one terrible play call/fumble away from being 9-7. While 9-7 still would have been a big letdown after the way things started, it still would have been seen by a lot of posters here as a step in the right direction.

As I don't live in WNY, I don't contribute much, financially, to the Bills as it is, these days. i try to make a game or two a year (couldn't this year) and will continue to do so. That is about the only direct contribution I make.

Just as an FYI, deciding to stop buying Bills merchandise (of which I own little) hurts the Bills VERY little, as the revenue is shared with the other NFL teams (except Dallas). Discontinuing the DTV Direct Ticket doesn't really hurt the Bills much as, again, that is shared money.

So, make all the symbolic gestures you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking that your actions are making a financial statement at OBD. The only way to stop supporting the Bills financially, is to stop buying tickets, spending money at the stadium, etc.

bah, symbolic gestures are everything! just look at what all the peace protests, hunger strikes and online petitions have accomplished! :lol: