Well fella's...it could actually work out

SuperBills12

I'm with all the angry fans about bringing DJ back for next season....But remember a guy named Tom Coughlin who stunk it up in NY for 6 seasons before he won a championship? Crazier things could happen. After reading players reaction, they really took the heart DJ coming back for one more season.

In the end, they are athletes, but they are also humans. They understand that they MUST make the playoffs next year. Truly everyone's a$$ is on the line next year and I think we'll see a better product for it.

For those who'll ask why we didn't see the fire this year, I can't answer that easily. It's a young team with a young QB...heck it took Eli 4 seasons to mature...Let's take a deep breath and try to remain optimistic

-Peter

I remember a guy named Tom Coughlin who was quite successful in Jacksonville, going 68-60 with four playoff appearances, before being fired there.

With the Giants he's finished 6-10, 11-5, 8-8, 10-6 and 12-4 with four more playoff berths.

Even before winning the Super Bowl, Coughlin was a consistent success in the league. Jauron, with one anomalous exception (2001), has always been a failure of epic proportions.

No comparison whatsoever.

I'm with all the angry fans about bringing DJ back for next season....But remember a guy named Tom Coughlin who stunk it up in NY for 6 seasons before he won a championship? Crazier things could happen. After reading players reaction, they really took the heart DJ coming back for one more season.

In the end, they are athletes, but they are also humans. They understand that they MUST make the playoffs next year. Truly everyone's a$$ is on the line next year and I think we'll see a better product for it.

For those who'll ask why we didn't see the fire this year, I can't answer that easily. It's a young team with a young QB...heck it took Eli 4 seasons to mature...Let's take a deep breath and try to remain optimistic

-Peter

Deep breath.

Nope. Still pessimistic.

btw, Tom Coughlin

6-10

11-5

8-8

10-6 & SB champs

12-4 (tbd)

I wish Jauron would stink it up like that

I remember a guy named Tom Coughlin who was quite successful in Jacksonville, going 68-60 with four playoff appearances, before being fired there.

With the Giants he's finished 6-10, 11-5, 8-8, 10-6 and 12-4 with four more playoff berths.

Even before winning the Super Bowl, Coughlin was a consistent success in the league. Jauron, with one anomalous exception (2001), has always been a failure of epic proportions.

beat me to it

-Peter

Sorry but there is no chance because Dick will coach down this team to lose no matter how much talent he has. I remember the 13-3 season with the Bears how they had so many breaks go their way and then they were severely beaten in the first round. That 13-3 was truly a fluke where everything went right. That division was also very weak that year.

I see 4-12 next year.

-Peter

Please...

Coughlin was a heck of a good Coach in Jacksonville before He ever got to NY...He had FOUR winning Seasons in J-Ville and a winning Record (68-60 regular Season, 4-4 Playoffs) overall...The Jags struggled in His last 3 Years there...But before that TC's Record was outstanding...He did not forget how to Coach...

On the other hand Dead Dick has always sucked...He followed up his only winning Season as a Head Coach with a 4-12 Season...His Overall Record as a Head Coach is 57-76...One Opening Day loss away from being 20 Games under .500 as a Head Coach...And we're keeping this loser! :thumbsup:

Please don't ever compare Jauron to Coughlin again...Dead Dick will never be the HC Couglin is...ever...And your optimism is falling on deaf ears...It's nice and all...But I'll never expect a thing from a DJ Coached Team again...I expect them to lose Year after Year after Year with Jauron...Why would I think any differently? Just look at the Record...Dick is a loser...He's always been a loser...And unfortunately He's The Bills HC...So why in Gods name would I expect anything other than another losing Season? Why indeed... :wallbash:

Please...

Coughlin was a heck of a good Coach in Jacksonville before He ever got to NY...He had FOUR winning Seasons in J-Ville and a winning Record (68-60 regular Season, 4-4 Playoffs) overall...The Jags struggled in His last 3 Years there...But before that TC's Record was outstanding...He did not forget how to Coach...

On the other hand Dead Dick has always sucked...He followed up his only winning Season as a Head Coach with a 4-12 Season...His Overall Record as a Head Coach is 57-76...One Opening Day loss away from being 20 Games under .500 as a Head Coach...And we're keeping this loser! :thumbsup:

Please don't ever compare Jauron to Coughlin again...Dead Dick will never be the HC Couglin is...ever...And your optimism is falling on deaf ears...It's nice and all...But I'll never expect a thing from a DJ Coached Team again...I expect them to lose Year after Year after Year with Jauron...Why would I think any differently? Just look at the Record...Dick is a loser...He's always been a loser...And unfortunately He's The Bills HC...So why in Gods name would I expect anything other than another losing Season? Why indeed... :wallbash:

I guess some people stand there and flick the light switch up and down a couple hundred times before someone nudges them and suggests, "Dude, I think the bulb is burnt out."

Coughlin was also pretty successful as the HC of Boston College, as well. He's won consistently at both the NCAA and the NFL. The only consistency Jauron has shown is that his teams always come up just short of 0.500.

I guess some people stand there and flick the light switch up and down a couple hundred times before someone nudges them and suggests, "Dude, I think the bulb is burnt out."

I guess so...It's sad because there are still quite a few Ralph can dupe along the way I guess...Meanwhile...Let's sit back and watch the rest of The AFC East get better...Maybe Shanahan or Cowher can end up in NY...That would be perfect!...I mean...Why stop at one Season going 0-6 in Division when You can do it Year after Year? :thumbsup:

The only valid comparison with Coughlin is to Coughlin's last 3 years in Jacksonville when his team got mired in mediocrity and he got fired after 3 losing seasons. Of course, in Buffalo, people get promoted for that sort of work. :thumbsup:

Jacksonville had bad personnel at that time.

The Giants quickly got good personnel for Coughlin, which is a big part of the reason he won. He just had to wait for his QB to come of age.