My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

Let's just get this out of the way now so we can all get back to enjoying the holidays.

Way to go, Fred Jackson! You showed a lot of heart out there. I only wish you weren't the only one gutting it out like that.

Yet another lackluster performance by our offense. Were it not for Jackson, they would've looked abysmal. Edwards' inability to look down the field is really pathetic. As for Robert Royal? Ugh. It would be nice if our safety valve could actually catch. Also, the horrible game management by Edwards (on the field) and the coaching staff (putrid play calling) did not help matters any. There is no sense of urgency (way to end the first half and the second half.....yikes), not even when the time is ticking down and the team has little or no timeouts @ their disposal. Do they not practice these kind of situations? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. Jauron and his staff do more each week to show that they are ill prepared and that they do a poor job of preparing their players to play. We see the same mistakes over and over. And he'll most likely be awarded a three year extension for this. Great.

I think this game clearly shows the Bills' deficiencies @ the linebacker position. These guys were too far off the ball, could not shed blocks to get to the point of attack, and showed little toughness in terms of hitting/tackling ability. Also, the way Mayo was able to chase down Edwards from the back side? How many of those plays have we seen from the Bills' LBs this season?

I thought the lines, both offensive and defensive, actually had decent games today. Ryan Denney made a few plays, as did Kyle Williams. I still saw Kelsay out of position @ times, but that's to be expected. Kirk Chambers gave a game effort and didn't totally humiliate himself. Unlike the guy next to him. Mr Dockery continues to slump even further this year. What a sorry effort out of him.

So, another year done, another 7-9 season. Three in a row. It's gotta be tough to accomplish that. Oh well, only 3 more years and we'll be competitive again. The perpetual "3 year plan" that the Bills have been on for nearly a decade. Wonderful. It's getting tougher and tougher to believe that this team's fortunes will change as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner and as long as Jauron is the coach. Unfortunately for the Buffalo area, a change in ownership will probably mean the Bills' departure. That's nothing I want to see happen, though I fear it's already in the works. I still have that glimmer of hope that someone will put together a group of investors and work to keep the team in Buffalo, but I know it's a long shot. Still, no matter if they can find someone to keep the team in town or if someone buys the team and moves it, I'm sure that they will become competitive once the change in ownership happens.

Offseason time! Time to delve into the draft discussion, think of offseason scenarios to help the team, all of that stuff we do after yet another year of missing the playoffs. I sure will be happy when I'm not getting into this mode 'til after January.

Only 3 more years...

Let's just get this out of the way now so we can all get back to enjoying the holidays.

Way to go, Fred Jackson! You showed a lot of heart out there. I only wish you weren't the only one gutting it out like that.

Yet another lackluster performance by our offense. Were it not for Jackson, they would've looked abysmal. Edwards' inability to look down the field is really pathetic. As for Robert Royal? Ugh. It would be nice if our safety valve could actually catch. Also, the horrible game management by Edwards (on the field) and the coaching staff (putrid play calling) did not help matters any. There is no sense of urgency (way to end the first half and the second half.....yikes), not even when the time is ticking down and the team has little or no timeouts @ their disposal. Do they not practice these kind of situations? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. Jauron and his staff do more each week to show that they are ill prepared and that they do a poor job of preparing their players to play. We see the same mistakes over and over. And he'll most likely be awarded a three year extension for this. Great.

I think this game clearly shows the Bills' deficiencies @ the linebacker position. These guys were too far off the ball, could not shed blocks to get to the point of attack, and showed little toughness in terms of hitting/tackling ability. Also, the way Mayo was able to chase down Edwards from the back side? How many of those plays have we seen from the Bills' LBs this season?

I thought the lines, both offensive and defensive, actually had decent games today. Ryan Denney made a few plays, as did Kyle Williams. I still saw Kelsay out of position @ times, but that's to be expected. Kirk Chambers gave a game effort and didn't totally humiliate himself. Unlike the guy next to him. Mr Dockery continues to slump even further this year. What a sorry effort out of him.

So, another year done, another 7-9 season. Three in a row. It's gotta be tough to accomplish that. Oh well, only 3 more years and we'll be competitive again. The perpetual "3 year plan" that the Bills have been on for nearly a decade. Wonderful. It's getting tougher and tougher to believe that this team's fortunes will change as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner and as long as Jauron is the coach. Unfortunately for the Buffalo area, a change in ownership will probably mean the Bills' departure. That's nothing I want to see happen, though I fear it's already in the works. I still have that glimmer of hope that someone will put together a group of investors and work to keep the team in Buffalo, but I know it's a long shot. Still, no matter if they can find someone to keep the team in town or if someone buys the team and moves it, I'm sure that they will become competitive once the change in ownership happens.

Offseason time! Time to delve into the draft discussion, think of offseason scenarios to help the team, all of that stuff we do after yet another year of missing the playoffs. I sure will be happy when I'm not getting into this mode 'til after January.

Only 3 more years...

Great post. Unfortunately you are right. It's more fun waiting for the draft and Free Agency than watching the team during the season!