I'm not accusing - I'm simply wondering

dave mcbride

anybody posting in this thread care that peters has only given up 3 sacks all season?

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...=&teamid=-1

just curious...

If that is accurate, Peters is the 21st best tackle in the league. The Bills should pay him as such. THere are a lot of other tackles above Peters on that list that aren't getting present market value, but they're not holding their teams hostage as Peters is. Let this jackass go. He's not as great as he thinks he is and is not a team player.

If that is accurate, Peters is the 21st best tackle in the league. The Bills should pay him as such. THere are a lot of other tackles above Peters on that list that aren't getting present market value, but they're not holding their teams hostage as Peters is. Let this jackass go. He's not as great as he thinks he is and is not a team player.

I find it truly flabbergasting (is that even a real word?) that, on a team that hasn't had a solid left tackle since Will Wolford bolted in free agency, there is such a rush to run a quality player at the position out of town.

Yes, I can hear it already, "who says he's a quality player?" His opponents and the coaching staffs around the league, that's who. They're the ones that voted him to the pro bowl; he did not finish in the top 4 in fan voting.

I don't care what anybody says, running your best lineman, your only high-end lineman, out of town after two straight pro bowl seasons for draft picks that may or may not play well is a recipe for mediocrity.

There is not one other team in football that would even consider trading a pro bowl left tackle. The last time it happened was back when the Saints traded Willie Roaf to the Chiefs for a 4th round pick, and they struggled to fill his spot for 3 years until they got it right with Jammal Brown. You may trust our scouting staff to replace Peters, but I sure don't.