Despite record, Buffalo offense actually much improved over 2007

San-O

Read it and weep. Jets are ranked 19th in total defense per NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

I love when people don't read posts and twist words. :rolleyes: I said the Jets run defense was 4th and the Bills ran for 187 yards.

Their passing defense is 29th. So by that accounts, Losman (a guy you love to defend) should have had a field day. Instead, he had 130 yards and 4 turnovers. Bravo.

In games Edwards started and completed, the Bills average 25 points a game (I believe they ranked 12th). So yes for a 2nd year QB and 1st year coordinator, there was a big improvement.

I love when people don't read posts and twist words. :wallbash: I said the Jets run defense was 4th and the Bills ran for 187 yards.

Their passing defense is 29th. So by that accounts, Losman (a guy you love to defend) should have had a field day. Instead, he had 130 yards and 4 turnovers. Bravo.

In games Edwards started and completed, the Bills average 25 points a game (I believe they ranked 12th). So yes for a 2nd year QB and 1st year coordinator, there was a big improvement.

:lol: Hypocrite. You responded to my post. My post never mentioned "run defense", was about a seasonal average of defensive rankings and not just the Jets game, and had nothing to do with excusing Edwards or running down Losman.

:wallbash: Hypocrite. You responded to my post. My post never mentioned "run defense", was about a seasonal average of defensive rankings and not just the Jets game, and had nothing to do with excusing Edwards or running down Losman.

Are you really (still) a Losman apologist?

This guy is a joke, and may have taken his last snap in the NFL with that brain freeze last Sunday.

Took me a while to sort through the stats from nfl.com

It's okay, at least we're both thinking the same things. I feel we're very close to being a playoff team, we just need some fine tuning (including the coaches).

This team, unless it is very very healthy, will be at the top of the "losers bracket" for some time to come. The losers bracket in NFL terms is basically the bottom 15 teams in the league, teams that just miss the playoffs all the way down to the 2-14 types. They are competitive against each other, but usually get killed by the top 12-15 teams and are not part of this group, the group that gets to actually play for the championship (the "winners bracket").. anyone who has played tournament sports in a double elimination format knows what I mean by the winners and losers brackets.

I don't see that changing until ownership changes and a real commitment to kind of coaches/players needed to compete for the title arrives. This team has no depth at any position and only teams with top talent at quarterback and coaching staff continue to win when major injuries to starters occur. The Bills has demonstrated for years they cannot compete with more than a couple key starters out. Teams in the winners bracket can. Sad, but very true I am afraid..