Leave Petey Alone..rework his deal this offseason.

BornandRaised

Folks seem to forget Jason Peters has only been playing OL for 3 years. One at RT and close to two at LT. He was a TE in college. We talk about him like he is going to be stuck at his current probowl level for years to come. He is still on the way up, which was frustrating that he missed camp. This year his sitting out really hurt him and the entire line. Give him some time, there is a good chance he will actually perform to that level and really earn it.

As for the front office. Come up with a contract that is acceptable to Petey that gives him a big raise in the offseason. But not elite tackle money. Say 4 or 5 years in length, share with him that you don't think he has arrived yet but he does deserve more than he is getting paid. Put some escalator clauses or voidable years in so he won't be stuck with this non elite contract if he does become elite. Remember the Bills have a ton of leverage with this guy. He has to play for the next two years to get $$. Give him some money now...we can keep him longer vs waiting until he is FA in 2 years and then trying to sign him.

As for Petey screwing up on the now infamous jets play. I don't have TVo or DVI and was not paying attention to him on the play. I only remember DJ saying in an interview that JP should have read the guy being free during the pre-snap read and know he was coming. Full back not open...you toss the ball away. Does not sound like Peters was supposed to pick him the up then. I have not gone back to the replay to look for myself.