Albert Haynesworth UFA thanks to PROWBOWL Nomination

Poeticlaw

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also one thing with Albert that goes back to his college days - he's performed the best when money (the nfl draft, free agency) is on the line. Until then (take a look back) he has been okay. The Titans fear last year was that if they give him 9-10 mil a year, will he play up to it, eat himself out of the league or just be bleh.....

Thoughts?

I'd love to see us sign Haynesworth & Peppers. That would be a monster line: Peppers, Stroud, Haynesworth & Schobel. Doubt it would happen, but would be great if it did.

I honestly don't think we'd even need an "offense" with that D-Line. We would become a turnover machine. A machine I tell you.

The old saying goes, defense wins championships. If we could get Haynesworth paired up with Stroud, plus a stud pass rusher, we'll have one of the best defenses in the league. I think Haynesworth & Stroud could have the potential to be the best DT tandem in the league.

I honestly don't think we'd even need an "offense" with that D-Line. We would become a turnover machine. A machine I tell you.

I agree. That would be a dream scenario. If that did happen, we could be the 2000 Ravens that won the Superbowl. Their Defense & Special teams took them to the Superbowl & won it for them. Their offense just did enough to get the job done.

I agree. That would be a dream scenario. If that did happen, we could be the 2000 Ravens that won the Superbowl. Their Defense & Special teams took them to the Superbowl & won it for them. Their offense just did enough to get the job done.

Well, I know folks have been down on the DB's/LB's for our lack of INT's this year- but I think if you're going to blame ANYONE for a lack of INT's, it's the DLine. QB's NEVER throw under pressure against us. And for the majority of the few INT's we HAVE got, the QB has basically just crapped the bed all on his own.

We have not had the ability to impose mistakes on a QB. I think if we did, we'd have perennial pro-Bowlers in Whitner, Poz, Mitchell, Simpson, McKelvin, Youtboty, Greer, and Mcgee! <_<

Well, I know folks have been down on the DB's/LB's for our lack of INT's this year- but I think if you're going to blame ANYONE for a lack of INT's, it's the DLine. QB's NEVER throw under pressure against us. And for the majority of the few INT's we HAVE got, the QB has basically just crapped the bed all on his own.

We have not had the ability to impose mistakes on a QB. I think if we did, we'd have perennial pro-Bowlers in Whitner, Poz, Mitchell, Simpson, McKelvin, Youtboty, Greer, and Mcgee! <_<

I agree, I've felt our pass rush has been a problem for a few years now. I feel we need better DE's and if we could land Haynesworth, that would be a big boost to the D-Line. Hargrove is better than Kelsay & Denney, when he was starting (either when Kelsay or Denney was injured- I forget exactly who), we were getting sacks. I know his year suspension is up at the end of the year, but I don't know if he's still under contract, plus with him getting suspended multiple times, it would be a huge risk bringing him back. I'd love it if we could either get Julius Peppers or draft a stud DE in the draft. IMO we need 2 DE's.