My mock draft/and offseason plan

bobobonators

1. Sign Warner at QB. He still can throw the ball productively, and he can tutor Edwards. He wouldn't be here more than 2 years anyway. If we can't sign Warner, no biggie..I don't mind giving Edwards a shot again next year, but we def. need a veteran backup.

2. Sign Channing Crowder and put him at MLB; move Paul P. to the outside.

Those would be the main FA's the bills should sign.

Draft:

1. Michael Johnson--DE. Beast mode part II

2. Chase Coffman--TE. This offense and our QB's finally need a reliable TE. At 6'6, he would also be an instant redzone threat. He could very well be here for us when we pick in the 2nd. GET HIM.

3. Antoine Caldwell--C

4. Dorrell Scott--DT

5. Worrell Williams--MLB

6. Travis McCall--FB

7. Whatever.

Scott/KO Whitner

Mitchell/ Crowder/ Paul P.

Mcgee Schobel/Williams/Stroud/Johnson Greer

Evans Peters/Dockery/Caldwell/Butler/Walker/Coffman Reed

Warner

McCall

Lynch

Done. <_<

I think you're pretty off on most of this stuff. But welcome to the boards.

1. Warner will resign in 'zona.

2. Puz stays in the middle. He's good there and changing positions on him is not an idea I like. Forget Crowder, I'll be looking for the Bills to take a hard run a Vilma. He's a beast outside and would fortify our LB corps.

As for the draft

1. I'm way to scared to draft Johnson. He's a freak athlete but he wasn't even a starter last year. He has bust written all over him. And he plays for GT, not exactly a powerhouse. And yes I know Calvin Johnson came outta GT. Orakpo is a better choice, he's a polished senior, won a bunch of awards, plays for Texas, and has through the roof athletic ability too. He's a safer pick too. I want a guy who is NFL ready and can come in and compete and start right away. Johnson is a project.

2. The draft doesn't look to have many top flight DEs. And if there isn't any value at all when we draft I'd love to see us go TE and draft Jermain Gresham. At 6'6" 260lbs and Oklahoma's leading receiver it's hard to argue with his caliber. He's just what we need.

Obviously a C is a must. So is LB depth. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills brought in someone to play FS because at this point it looks like Ko is not gonna do it and Scott is a good backup, but that's it. We need a rangy FS who can cover tons of ground and be a ballhawk, permitting Whitner to play closer to the line, where he's far more effective, keeping him in his natural SS spot instead of all the movin around they do to him. The lack of good FS play has hurt Whitner all year long.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're pretty off on most of this stuff. But welcome to the boards.

1. Warner will resign in 'zona.

2. Puz stays in the middle. He's good there and changing positions on him is not an idea I like. Forget Crowder, I'll be looking for the Bills to take a hard run a Vilma. He's a beast outside and would fortify our LB corps.

As for the draft

1. I'm way to scared to draft Johnson. He's a freak athlete but he wasn't even a starter last year. He has bust written all over him. And he plays for GT, not exactly a powerhouse. And yes I know Calvin Johnson came outta GT. Orakpo is a better choice, he's a polished senior, won a bunch of awards, plays for Texas, and has through the roof athletic ability too. He's a safer pick too. I want a guy who is NFL ready and can come in and compete and start right away. Johnson is a project.

2. The draft doesn't look to have many top flight DEs. And if there isn't any value at all when we draft I'd love to see us go TE and draft Jermain Gresham. At 6'6" 260lbs and Oklahoma's leading receiver it's hard to argue with his caliber. He's just what we need.

Obviously a C is a must. So is LB depth. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills brought in someone to play FS because at this point it looks like Ko is not gonna do it and Scott is a good backup, but that's it. We need a rangy FS who can cover tons of ground and be a ballhawk, permitting Whitner to play closer to the line, where he's far more effective, keeping him in his natural SS spot instead of all the movin around they do to him. The lack of good FS play has hurt Whitner all year long.

Good post. However, despite not starting in 07, he still led the team in QB hurries and was ranked 7th in the ACC in forced fumbles. Fact is, whenever he did go into the game, he produced SOMETHING.

He's certainly raw, but in terms of being a pure pass rusher, I don't think there's anyone any better than him in this draft at DE. I guess that's his downfall at times as well, b/c he just pins his ears back like my dog and goes after the ball. I'm big on him personally nevertheless. <_<

Good post. However, despite not starting in 07, he still led the team in QB hurries and was ranked 7th in the ACC in forced fumbles. Fact is, whenever he did go into the game, he produced SOMETHING.

He's certainly raw, but in terms of being a pure pass rusher, I don't think there's anyone any better than him in this draft at DE. I guess that's his downfall at times as well, b/c he just pins his ears back like my dog and goes after the ball. I'm big on him personally nevertheless. :thumbsup:

Total freak athlete. But such an unknown and too much of a project player. 4 sacks last year, 7 this year. Orakpo went 5.5 and 10.5 in the same span. I just don't like the lack of starting and the lack of polish. I think Orakpo can get up field much better. Also, Johnson didn't face terribly stiff competition with a rather soft schedule in the ACC. So naturally the cynic in me wonders how he would fare against the "men" of the NFL.

Nice thoughts but pipe dreams for us landing these Free Agents:

Warner

Peppers

Haynesworth

Boldin

Houshmanzadeh

Warner will not leave AZ to play any where else and has already pubicly said this. Its AZ or bust for him, so as much as I would love to see him in Buffalo, its just not gonna happen. Might as well wish for a Manning or Brady too...

Peppers most likely resigns with Carolina. If not it will be because he gets some obscene contract some where else, but so far everything points to Carolina wanting to resign him and Peppers preferring to stay in Carolina.

Haynesworth is going to be the MOST sought after FA on the market, with teams willing to throw an abusrd amount of money at him. I dont know if we will break the bank on this guy considering our interior D Line isnt considered to be a major need for us. Stroud and Co. have done a pretty good job and would be helped tremendously with some DE help and better LB play. Add that to the fact he will have his pick of several places to play over Buffalo, and I just dont see this as a realistic scenario. I will say though that our best bargaining chip here is that he would get to play next to a stud in Stroud and could be attracted to that which will make his life even easier as teams cant just simply triple team him with Stroud and Schobel on the line.

Boldin and Housh - Boldin will be playing for AZ or Philly next year. If Philly keeps McNabb then they will go after Boldin as they already tried to trade for him. If Boldin reups in AZ they move on to Housh. If Philly lands Boldin, then I think that opens up the window for us on Housh.

Of the 5, I think we may have the best shot at Haynesworth or Housh but its still a long shot.

not on ralph's dime!!

Ya, McCall has def. been great...how high do you see him going? I can't see him going any higher than the 5th round or so..and hopefully we'd be able to snag him.

He will end up going right around the late 4th Round. With TE, you need the blocker who receives, and the receiver who blocks well downfield. To me, Schoumann-Fine are the latter. McCall is the former. And Royal is neither.