Draft day decison making at the top

COACH85

We traded our first round pick to get Rob Johnson and the Jags took Fred Taylor.............nice!

We traded a first rounder to get "statue of liberty" Bledsoe and look where that took us.

We traded a first rounder to get J.P. Losman and he can't even complete a pass of more then 10 yards (unless its the opponent) and his pocket presence along with ball security are quite comical.

Then, this year, we focus so much on getting size at the WR position we take a high draft pick on a WR from the University of Indiana (never known to produce any kind of receivers unless your Randle El) when we had Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech) and Desean Jackson (Cal) sitting there for the taking. I can remember Jerry Rice saying BEFORE the draft that he had been working out with Jackson and he was going to be awesome. One of the guys from my wedding party down here in Northern Virginia coached Eddie Royal at Westfield H.S. and followed his career at Va. TEch and said the kid was unbelievable and couldn't even believe he lasted so long into the 2nd round of the draft.

As far is James Hardy is concerrned, who cares about size if they can't get in and out of their cuts fast (looks real slow), can't run NFL Routes effectively, and has average hands at best. SPEED AND QUICKNESS KILLS AND WE PASSED ON IT FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING SIZE MANDATORY FOR OUR TEAM NEEDS AT A CRITICAL POSITION FOR OUR OFFENSE.

I know this is all hindsight talk but it just pisses me off that the average Bills fan could have done better with alot of these draft day decisions. I say this because I hear all the draft day chatter on this board and we all tend to think similar. The Bills organization continues to do these ridiculous things and it continually sets back our franchise hence the reason why we can never improve and (or) take the next step towards a playoff birth. I'm still wondering how long it is going to take before the Bills also realize that our offense still lacks a top notch TE and our offense is in desperate need of one (for years now).

We traded our first round pick to get Rob Johnson and the Jags took Fred Taylor.............nice!

We traded a first rounder to get "statue of liberty" Bledsoe and look where that took us.

We traded a first rounder to get J.P. Losman and he can't even complete a pass of more then 10 yards (unless its the opponent) and his pocket presence along with ball security are quite comical.

Then, this year, we focus so much on getting size at the WR position we take a high draft pick on a WR from the University of Indiana (never known to produce any kind of receivers unless your Randle El) when we had Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech) and Desean Jackson (Cal) sitting there for the taking. I can remember Jerry Rice saying BEFORE the draft that he had been working out with Jackson and he was going to be awesome. One of the guys from my wedding party down here in Northern Virginia coached Eddie Royal at Westfield H.S. and followed his career at Va. TEch and said the kid was unbelievable and couldn't even believe he lasted so long into the 2nd round of the draft.

As far is James Hardy is concerrned, who cares about size if they can't get in and out of their cuts fast (looks real slow), can't run NFL Routes effectively, and has average hands at best. SPEED AND QUICKNESS KILLS AND WE PASSED ON IT FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING SIZE MANDATORY FOR OUR TEAM NEEDS AT A CRITICAL POSITION FOR OUR OFFENSE.

I know this is all hindsight talk but it just pisses me off that the average Bills fan could have done better with alot of these draft day decisions. I say this because I hear all the draft day chatter on this board and we all tend to think similar. The Bills organization continues to do these ridiculous things and it continually sets back our franchise hence the reason why we can never improve and (or) take the next step towards a playoff birth. I'm still wondering how long it is going to take before the Bills also realize that our offense still lacks a top notch TE and our offense is in desperate need of one (for years now).

our offense makes evans look like a hack, how is hardy supposed to do any better

Just watch Hardy getting off the line of scrimmage, getting in and out of his cuts, route running, etc.....

I know he's a rookie but geez he looks real slooooooooooow on game tape and unable to get any kind of seperation from defenders.

our offense makes evans look like a hack, how is hardy supposed to do any better

Just watch Hardy getting off the line of scrimmage, getting in and out of his cuts, route running, etc.....

I know he's a rookie but geez he looks real slooooooooooow on game tape and unable to get any kind of seperation from defenders.

Thats exactly what the Bills were expecting. Anyone who watched the kid in college knew he was slow, and I dont care about his 40 time, he is slow. Tearing your ACL is not going to help this kid. He needed a lot of time in the weight room and on the field, now all that time will be used up in the training room. Dont expect anythign from this kid next year, if we are lucky the year after he can be productive.

Then, this year, we focus so much on getting size at the WR position we take a high draft pick on a WR from the University of Indiana (never known to produce any kind of receivers unless your Randle El) when we had Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech) and Desean Jackson (Cal) sitting there for the taking.

Jackson and Royal are having break out years as rookies, and either one would have made an obvious better choice then Hardy. But that doesn't mean Hardy will be a bust. This knee injury really sucks for him, but once he rehabs and spends more time working on techniques, he could turn out to be an excellent tall wide receiver in a couple of years. And hopefully by the time the kid is healthy and learns how to be an NFL receiver, the Bills will have some real NFL coaches that can take advantage of his height and catching skills.