Senator Al Franken?

No, not at all. The Bush crowd put anti-Government people in charge of the government for the last eight years, and heck, you can take that back to Reagan. So yes, if you put anti-government people in charge--or just corrupt cronies for that matter--government will not work. Put good, dedicated civil servents in charge and you have a much better chance of recieving positive results.

Why do you think that corrupt cronies won't be part of the Obama Administration? Has there EVER been an administration that DIDN'T put 'cronies' in positions of power?

Just think for a second about what you're advocating... Essentially, you want MORE power concentrated in the Obama Administration (aka The Federal Government). The problem is this: Obama and the Democrats aren't going to be in power for the rest of eternity. Soon, the Republicans that you hate so much are going to be back in the White House, and they're not going to just give the new-found power, back, Molson. They're going to take that power and expand even more! Very soon, the Republicans you detest so much are going to have more power to do things you detest, and it will be precisely because people like you think that "Putt(ing) good, dedicated civil servants in charge (will give)... you a much better chance of receiving positive results."

Why do you think that corrupt cronies won't be part of the Obama Administration? Has there EVER been an administration that DIDN'T put 'cronies' in positions of power?

Just think for a second about what you're advocating... Essentially, you want MORE power concentrated in the Obama Administration (aka The Federal Government). The problem is this: Obama and the Democrats aren't going to be in power for the rest of eternity. Soon, the Republicans that you hate so much are going to be back in the White House, and they're not going to just give the new-found power, back, Molson. They're going to take that power and expand even more! Very soon, the Republicans you detest so much are going to have more power to do things you detest, and it will be precisely because people like you think that "Putt(ing) good, dedicated civil servants in charge (will give)... you a much better chance of receiving positive results."

Very soon? I don't know about. But, hopefully, that party will undergo a Reformation and turn itself around. If Rush Limbo is the leading intellectual force on the right for another decaade then for the love of my country I hope they stay in the wilderness.

Yes, all administrations have screw ups, cronies etc., but that doesn't mean in any way they are all the same or experience it to the same degree. I feel Obama will appoint good people. We shall see.

:unsure:

I know very little of Coleman, and I don't think I would want Franken to be my Senator...but, none of your cited reasons play any part in the decision, as they are irrelevant to doing the job. But, I think you know that.

Funny list, though. Of course, I think being an admitted FORMER Cocaine user, and writing the Limbaugh book as positives (but, also unrelated to being a Senator). :unsure:

Of course the items are unrelated. I just wanted to get under Molson's skin a little. :lol::P

And I should have clarified the FORMER cocaine user part. I honestly believe Al Franken when he says he hasn't used cocaine since the late 80s.

What cronies has he hired so far? I'm not saying that some probably won't be hired but who are you basing that idea on specifically now?

Waah, waaahhh! The Republicans will be back and then they'll show you. They'll get you buddy just wait they'll get you!! :sniffle:

:unsure:

Very soon? I don't know about. But, hopefully, that party will undergo a Reformation and turn itself around. If Rush Limbo is the leading intellectual force on the right for another decaade then for the love of my country I hope they stay in the wilderness.

Yes, all administrations have screw ups, cronies etc., but that doesn't mean in any way they are all the same or experience it to the same degree. I feel Obama will appoint good people. We shall see.

Well... I meant very soon in the historical sense of the word.

Rush Limbaugh isn't the leading intellectual force on the right any more than Randi Rhodes is the leading intellectual force on the Left.

And, again: The point isn't whether or not Obama will appoint good people. The point is that you're essentially asking for more power for the Obama administration. That power will still be in effect when people you don't agree with are in power.

Guys, don't worry about Molson - he is usually dead on. See his quote about blago getting arrested....

I see the Conservative elements in the government are, J.E. Hoover like, trying to arrest their political opponets.

Shameful, just shamefull. Reminds me of Nazi Germany

Coleman is an idiot, that being said Franken is a little hard to take.... I could care less for the man, he would be a nice foil for the Dems to deflect Republican hyperbole too and deservedly so. That being said, I would rather beat up on Coleman than have Franken in, unless the one vote can help that much...

Coleman makes Franken look smart... both are two of most singularly ill informed "politicians" I have ever met... In Coleman's case the lights are just not on.... Dark, nothing there... Even Bush has more going on than this guy, at least he can duck shoes being thrown at him.

In Franken's case it is more like a fading electrical storm... still dangerous and unpredictable, but fading. I would compare him to elderly Denis Kucinich in the House.