Pinpointing the cause of the Bills downturn

tornado681

At this date, the Buffalo Bills were flying high, with a 4-0 record. But, in a perplexing move, they released starting FB Darian Barnes and signed FB Corey McIntyre (see: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617839). Since then, the Bills have fallen apart, going 2-7 in their last 9 games.

I don't want to hear the "there's no way Barnes would have helped Lindell nail that 47-yarder against CLE" or the "how could Barnes have prevented the BUF offense from turning the ball over four times in the 4th quarter of the @MIA game" excuses. The BUF offense misses Barnes - plain and simple. The numbers don't lie.

I think Langston Walker said it best when talking about the Barnes-McIntyre saga: "There's no doubt we miss him [Darian Barnes]. He was the vocal and inspirational leader of our Offense. Take away his two catches in the Oakland game, and that W becomes an L. I mean look at how our team has done since losing him."

Some teams never fully return to their past glory after losing an integral part of their offense, and unfortunately, the Bills never recovered from the loss of Darian Barnes. Just think what a season it could have been had Buffalo never made this atrocious decision. We miss you Darian.

At this date, the Buffalo Bills were flying high, with a 4-0 record. But, in a perplexing move, they released starting FB Darian Barnes and signed FB Corey McIntyre (see: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617839). Since then, the Bills have fallen apart, going 2-7 in their last 9 games.

I don't want to hear the "there's no way Barnes would have helped Lindell nail that 47-yarder against CLE" or the "how could Barnes have prevented the BUF offense from turning the ball over four times in the 4th quarter of the @MIA game" excuses. The BUF offense misses Barnes - plain and simple. The numbers don't lie.

I think Langston Walker said it best when talking about the Barnes-McIntyre saga: "There's no doubt we miss him [Darian Barnes]. He was the vocal and inspirational leader of our Offense. Take away his two catches in the Oakland game, and that W becomes an L. I mean look at how our team has done since losing him."

Some teams never fully return to their past glory after losing an integral part of their offense, and unfortunately, the Bills never recovered from the loss of Darian Barnes. Just think what a season it could have been had Buffalo never made this atrocious decision. We miss you Darian.

I don't know if this is a joke or not...but...I think you're wrong.

Not that I don't think there is a turning point, specifically...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...t=0&start=0

Although it is a joke, one thing that I remember about early in the year when we were winning is him flying down on every kickoff and just laying someone out. He at least gave us a little spark each game and showed the rest of the teams that they aren't all a bunch of pu$$ies.

Even if his hit didn't help the kickoff return, or even if he didn't tackle the ball carrier, he still did have an impact beyond that.

On a sidenote, I think it's safe to say that the fullback experiment this season was a failure. They certainly didn't help us run the ball more effectively.