A religion of peace

_BiB_

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will note that this wasn't against Americans and it was not in Iraq. This stuff goes on, every day, all over the world. This is the nature of the enemy.

88108[/snapback]

That is why we must not waver in our effort to eliminate them from the earth.

You will note that this wasn't against Americans and it was not in Iraq. This stuff goes on, every day, all over the world. This is the nature of the enemy.

88108[/snapback]

Can't wait to hear about how we're all the same and America has its radicals too. Blah blah blah...

Can't wait to hear about how we're all the same and America has its radicals too.  Blah blah blah...

88200[/snapback]

Don't ask me, ask the black community, see if they think it's all "blah blah blah."

Our bloody past is all too conveniently ignored. Talk about revisionist history...

Don't ask me, ask the black community, see if they think it's all "blah blah blah."

Our bloody past is all too conveniently ignored.  Talk about revisionist history...

88458[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll ask 'the black community' later tonight when I take part in my weekly lynching. Because those happen. They happen all the time and are an accepted part of our society.

"America is bad too." Nice take.

Yeah, I'll ask 'the black community' later tonight when I take part in my weekly lynching.  Because those happen.  They happen all the time and are an accepted part of our society.

"America is bad too."  Nice take.

88529[/snapback]

Not too long ago the public accepted/ignored some awful events. Does that make America bad? I never said that. Way to (again) put words in someone's mouth to strengthen your case. Also never accused you, or the general populace, "America," of anything.

But if your objective is to blame an entire religion for the acts of a few, or to blame those who are held in check by fear of brutal action, then you should be prepared to face your country's own history of people being subjected to the exact same thing.

But whatever... drone on with your "Blame America First!" and "America hater!" chants.

Love is not blind. And my love of my country is not blind. My love knows no bounds, and it knows to understand and learn from this nation's past. You appear to have done neither.

It's interesting to note that there are several who profess their love of country, and state that's precisely why they take so much pride and effort in finding things wrong with it.

As for the Muslims, the moderates don't seem to care. I'm getting past "the actions of a few" part. There's a lot to be said by the silence of their majority. Most notably in this country, where many of them have chosen to live.

I know the screaming will start about "rights", but !@#$ it. A lot of the problems we have as a nation spawn from the liberal permissiveness that's been allowed to permeate everything to the point where extremes become the norm.

A lot of the problems we have as a nation spawn from the liberal permissiveness that's been allowed to permeate everything to the point where extremes become the norm.

88608[/snapback]

And the Right is totally blameless, isn't it? Loving your country is not always blindly following, but attempting to fight for what you think is right (or left <_< ).

As for the Muslims, the moderates don't seem to care. I'm getting past "the actions of a few" part. There's a lot to be said by the silence of their majority. Most notably in this country, where many of them have chosen to live.

88608[/snapback]

Just because you don't see that leadership doesn't mean it's not there. There are plenty of Muslims in this country, especially in campus groups, that are doing their best to challenge the stereotypes of their community, at the same time fending off hatred and ignorance and trying to come to terms with the fact that the way our country perceives Muslims puts a lot of their families in danger. I do not speak from their perspective but it must be terribly difficult to be a Muslim in the U.S. today. I for one would love to see a Muslim MLK type but who knows how many people are silenced by oppression, or how many are ignored by the media.

To summate, the people whose actions are the most outrageous tend to get the most attention. How we change that is anyone's guess...

I know the screaming will start about "rights", but !@#$ it. A lot of the problems we have as a nation spawn from the liberal permissiveness that's been allowed to permeate everything to the point where extremes become the norm.

88608[/snapback]

I have to say, I can't understand the origin of this complaint when the right has control of the Senate, House, Presidency and the Supreme Court.

It's been a pretty successful strategy though, for the right to claim it's losing the war when it holds all the cards.

And the Right is totally blameless, isn't it?  Loving your country is not always blindly following, but attempting to fight for what you think is right (or left  <_< ).

88617[/snapback]

I never said that. I don't blindly follow anything, and never have. My issue is that over the years, and especially over the past decade there has been a serious erosion of moral values, a sense of right and wrong and the propensity for championing the desires of a few, over the welfare of the many. It's gotten out of hand. We, collectively as a people have lost maybe not our ability, but our desire to learn, think and reason. The flickering monster with 200 channels will tell us what to do, when we can tear ourselves away from American Idol. The internet could be an informational Godsend, but sadly most use it to find things that back up their ideas gained from whatever ABC, CBS, FOX or CNN told them to think. I'm sure you can give me your arguments as to why the war in Iraq is wrong. What are they based on? Honestly? I will be one of the ones with my hand in the air if asked are we going about it wrong, but I also believe being in Iraq is the right move-and I've often stated here why.

My thoughts are often met with "Flight Suit" and "Halliburton". Where do those comments come from? They come from not studying, not questioning. I posted some things yesterday on my thoughts about the explosives fiasco, including comments I got from someone who was actually at the sight doing an inspection as I thought it might help give perspective. One response that I received pretty well said I was a made up wanna be and the reason why I was a link to a news article that said nothing germane. Contained some comments by the UN guys.

If Dan Rather put it out, then by golly it must be right. If Rush Limbaugh put it out, then by golly it must be right.

Fortunately there are still a few folks here from both sides that haven't fallen into that morass, but they are becoming fewer and fewer. You will forget this post by tonight, I'm sure-but mark my words-we as a people are going to regret this. And pray that we have the opportunity to complain.

Left or right some things in this country have gone to far. Example: Take the pledge of Allegiance...totally meant to teach young kids about beleiving in your country and what your country stands for. Yet this PC world of ours makes it seem like a religious right effort to mindwash our children...It's aload of crap! Even our money says in God We Trust....It dosen't specify whose god.....now if your an atheist ...you don't believe in god so why would you care either way. It's just frieking silly the extremes both sides go to. A question to those whose oppose it? What would you have it say? In Government we trust? Yeah right!

Just because you don't see that leadership doesn't mean it's not there.  There are plenty of Muslims in this country, especially in campus groups, that are doing their best to challenge the stereotypes of their community, at the same time fending off hatred and ignorance and trying to come to terms with the fact that the way our country perceives Muslims puts a lot of their families in danger.  I do not speak from their perspective but it must be terribly difficult to be a Muslim in the U.S. today.  I for one would love to see a Muslim MLK type but who knows how many people are silenced by oppression, or how many are ignored by the media. 

To summate, the people whose actions are the most outrageous tend to get the most attention.  How we change that is anyone's guess...

88633[/snapback]

Use the media. People are glued to the idiot box. The efforts on a campus are commendable, but pretty well only effect that community. I mentioned those in the US, but what about all those in the rest of the world?

I have to say, I can't understand the origin of this complaint when the right has control of the Senate, House, Presidency and the Supreme Court.

It's been a pretty successful strategy though, for the right to claim it's losing the war when it holds all the cards.

88636[/snapback]

Can you think back before the year 2000? Seriously.

Yet this PC world of ours makes it seem like a religious right effort to mindwash our children...It's aload of crap!

88647[/snapback]

The republican party embraced the religious right back in the 80's with Reagan. The Ralph Reeds and the Jerry Falwells were driving that bus. I agree some on the left go to the extreme to fight back, but there are those of us who believe in religious freedom for ALL, and strict seperation of church and state. There is no room for the Ten Commandments in any government building, just as there shouldn't be for the Torah, Koran, or the teachings of JR "Bob" Dobbs, either.

Not too long ago the public accepted/ignored some awful events.  Does that make America bad?  I never said that.  Way to (again) put words in someone's mouth to strengthen your case.  Also never accused you, or the general populace, "America," of anything.

But if your objective is to blame an entire religion for the acts of a few, or to blame those who are held in check by fear of brutal action, then you should be prepared to face your country's own history of people being subjected to the exact same thing.

But whatever... drone on with your "Blame America First!" and "America hater!" chants.

Love is not blind.  And my love of my country is not blind.  My love knows no bounds, and it knows to understand and learn from this nation's past.  You appear to have done neither.

88562[/snapback]

Summary of our exchange:

SNR: "Someone is going to say some crap about how America has radicals just like the Muslim world so we're all the same."

RTDB: "Ask the black community."

SNR: "The black community isn't doing that bad these days."

RTDB: "Don't question my patriotism!! I love love love my country and you are stupid."

Thanks, that basically went the way these things usually go.