We Suck

It's BEEN official... I'm only 24, so I won't act like I've been around forever, but this season is matched only by the 6-10 put up in 2003 in disappointment/awfulness, and we may soon surpass that if we keep this sham of a season going. It's so pathetic, I'm beyond pissed. And I know nobody cares, but I've just gotta vent. For the love of GOD, give us a winning team!!!!! Why!!!!!>??????!!!!!!!

MY GOODNESS

This year has gone from certain playoffs to certain top 10 pick in the draft

To make it worse there is a real possible that they may lose out. (Jets, Broncos and Pats are left)

But will 6-10 get Jauron fired????

To go into the game thinking J.P. can win it by throwing is just plain stupid( that was for the J.P. lovers)

questions...

Was Fred Jackson left at the Peace Bridge ??

Why is it that Beast Mode not allowed to get the ball more than 20 times a game?

Why cant they find a way to get Lee Evans the rock?

Why not give James Hardy the chance at the lob throw in the end zone?

Why is Roscoe Parrish still playing wide out when he cant get open?

why cant we blitz more to get pressure on the QB?

These are ALL coaching related issues

true we had had injuries but every team does

This will make you think.........even the LIONS didnt want to hire Jauron........nuff said :lol:

I'm just so utterly disappointed and sickened by what I've witnessed this year. I am deeply saddened because I love this team so much and just want them to do well. I want to attend a playoff game.

I'm always saying,

"God... would it kill ya to let the Bills win the Super Bowl?"

I won't deny it, I was talkin playoffs as soon as we were 2-0. And when we hit 5-1 after demolishing San Diego I was talking HOME playoff game.

Dammit.

Ya, it has become pretty unwatchable. It seems that the bills just find a way to beat themselves either physically or mentally. I really don't know what to make of this team. I try and sit down and think, "ok, exactly what elements of this team give me hope for the future?" Unfortunately, the list I come up with is short and undistinguished.

Just a couple of quick observations thus far that I think srike at the heart of our problems:

1. Our O-line. I don't think, in all of my years of watching football, that I've ever seen an O-line be as big, yet as soft as our guys. I have to hear during every game how big they are, but yet not one broadcaster mentions how incapable they are at moving the pile 1 inch from scrimmage. To me, this is a fundamental problem that affects our coaches playcalling in critical situations. Now, I don't have the exact numbers, but I'd be willing to bet (I've watched all of the games) that from last year to this year (our o-line is essentially unchanged), we have to have one of the worst 3rd and short conversion rates in the NFL. It is truly pitiful. We have a RB like lynch, and a huge offensive line, but yet can't get any freaking leverage in third or fourth and shorts. At critical moments, we always get stuffed. I think this then also affects playcalling when we get into the redzone and close to the endzone b/c we're completely incapable of just pounding in for a TD and the coaching staff knows this. We need a considerable upgrade at C and possible RG during the offseason imo. We truly need to get an O-lineman with a mean-streak who'll be willing to crack some skulls.

2. Our D-line. Ironically, in similar yet contrasting fashion to the above, our defensive front is one of the smallest and weakest lines in the entire NFL. If I recall, I think we went a span of 3 or 4 games this season and only generated something like 1.5 sacks. This d-line goes well beyond being inept at creating pressure and ventures into the realm of absurdity. How in the world do our coaches expect to effectively run a cover/tampa 2 defense while not generating any pressure on the QB? I'm willing to cut them some slack b/c of the loss of Schobel, but to me, Schobel is already approaching (if he hasn't already) the end of his prime, and shouldn't be counted on in the future to register double-digit sacks. Surprisingly, despite our pathetic D-line play, our defense hasn't been THAT bad this season and has held us in some games...so even though we need D-line help, to me, our offense is still a greater concern.

I'm sure it has been said over and over again, but it's blatantly obvious to me, that if this franchise intends to turn things in the right direction, we're going to have to get nastier in the trenches. I'm sick and tired of high-octane "character" guys who might put in a great effort but simply lack the physical tools to compete at a high level in this league. I could also give 100% effort on the field, but wouldn't expect any team to start me at LE.

Somehow, despite Kelsay, Denney's, and Schobel's unwarranted contracts, we're going to have to overcome our weakness in the trenches and sign some FA's and/or continue to draft heavily in these areas. For me, it's the only way to turn things around.

Ya, it has become pretty unwatchable. It seems that the bills just find a way to beat themselves either physically or mentally. I really don't know what to make of this team. I try and sit down and think, "ok, exactly what elements of this team give me hope for the future?" Unfortunately, the list I come up with is short and undistinguished.

Just a couple of quick observations thus far that I think srike at the heart of our problems:

1. Our O-line. I don't think, in all of my years of watching football, that I've ever seen an O-line be as big, yet as soft as our guys. I have to hear during every game how big they are, but yet not one broadcaster mentions how incapable they are at moving the pile 1 inch from scrimmage. To me, this is a fundamental problem that affects our coaches playcalling in critical situations. Now, I don't have the exact numbers, but I'd be willing to bet (I've watched all of the games) that from last year to this year (our o-line is essentially unchanged), we have to have one of the worst 3rd and short conversion rates in the NFL. It is truly pitiful. We have a RB like lynch, and a huge offensive line, but yet can't get any freaking leverage in third or fourth and shorts. At critical moments, we always get stuffed. I think this then also affects playcalling when we get into the redzone and close to the endzone b/c we're completely incapable of just pounding in for a TD and the coaching staff knows this. We need a considerable upgrade at C and possible RG during the offseason imo. We truly need to get an O-lineman with a mean-streak who'll be willing to crack some skulls.

2. Our D-line. Ironically, in similar yet contrasting fashion to the above, our defensive front is one of the smallest and weakest lines in the entire NFL. If I recall, I think we went a span of 3 or 4 games this season and only generated something like 1.5 sacks. This d-line goes well beyond being inept at creating pressure and ventures into the realm of absurdity. How in the world do our coaches expect to effectively run a cover/tampa 2 defense while not generating any pressure on the QB? I'm willing to cut them some slack b/c of the loss of Schobel, but to me, Schobel is already approaching (if he hasn't already) the end of his prime, and shouldn't be counted on in the future to register double-digit sacks. Surprisingly, despite our pathetic D-line play, our defense hasn't been THAT bad this season and has held us in some games...so even though we need D-line help, to me, our offense is still a greater concern.

I'm sure it has been said over and over again, but it's blatantly obvious to me, that if this franchise intends to turn things in the right direction, we're going to have to get nastier in the trenches. I'm sick and tired of high-octane "character" guys who might put in a great effort but simply lack the physical tools to compete at a high level in this league. I could also give 100% effort on the field, but wouldn't expect any team to start me at LE.

Somehow, despite Kelsay, Denney's, and Schobel's unwarranted contracts, we're going to have to overcome our weakness in the trenches and sign some FA's and/or continue to draft heavily in these areas. For me, it's the only way to turn things around.

Well this is why you have a weak team, lot of it is coaching

your right you cant run a tampa 2 without pressure from the D-line

so why even run it as your base defense?

second the O-line is built to run but the OC is pass happy

again questionable coaching

Run blocking scheme is not tailored to the offensive line...... see Joe D lol

The bills have talent...not being coached properly.....

I hope ralph as is smart as we are and sees this

Ya, theoretically our o-line is built to run and manhandle people. In reality, however, our 0-line simply can't move the opposing team's d-line and gets dominated at the line of scrimmage game in game out. To their credit, they have been able to pass protect pretty well, and when they do we have 2 inept QB's who are unable to find an open receiver. In other words, we're failing on all cylinders.

At the beginning of the year, what all the analysts and many bills fans realized is that this team was neither great nor horrible at any one specific area of the game. Taking advantage of our early schedule to open 5-1, our ST, offense, and defense were all performing somewhat solidly, though certainly not spectacular. What we have seen since is a complete debacle offensively and the other parts of our game simply aren't dominant enough to overcompensate. Though I must admit, with how bad our offense has been, it doesn't matter what our ST and defense do or don't do...3 offensive points for two weeks in a row won't cut it in pee wee football let alone the NFL.

i disagree to a certain extent........

The o-line cannot get into a groove running the ball becasue the OC wants to pass , notice the 3 and out series during the game today all passes.

As an ex-offnesive lineman, i played in college believe me when i say u can wear down a defensive line if you keep on pounding the ball. those 2 yard or 3 yards gains in the first half will turn into 5 or 9 yds gains in the second half if you stay with it. we have the Backs to do this but this OC want to be cute and pass all the time.

burns me up to see lack of toughness on this team...hard to watch too.

ya, I agree with you that coaching is definitely a factor with the playcalling in certain situations. I personally don't mind a pass-happy offense, b/c (in my opinion), it's what this offensive line can do best (pass protect). Lets face it, they've been struggling running the ball the past 2 years already. A greater problem that I have is with the run plays they sometimes decide to do. Wasn't it the San Fran game that we were in the red zone and it was 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and we run some crappy play with fred jackson (not lynch which pissed me off even more) and get stuffed...God I can't remember the exact play right now..b/c our list of crappy plays are starting jumble together in my head and becoming indistinguishable from one another =(. Also today, we try the wild cat play with lynch and we may be the only team in the league that is able to run such a play and make it look as simple and uniform as possible. It's def. play seclection to a certain extent, but for me, more so in key situations than in genernal.

However, it's gotten to a point where it goes beyond simple play calling and our players are clearly not able to make plays regardless of what's called.

Today: Lynch would've had a CLEAR first down in that one play where JP fumbled, picked it up, scrambled and got it off...he dropped it with nobody around him...end of drive. punt.

Royal...drops a pass that was thrown right to his head

Another drive, Hardy drops a catch that would've given us a critical first down in their territory. Granted, the defensive player made a solid play, but if you're hardy, you can't let the guy strip the ball from you there.

Preston snaps the ball in a shotgun formation as if JP was right under center (that may have been the same drive as up above). kills momentum

JP overthrows Roscoe when he has more than a step on the defender in the opening drive I think it was. Had the pass been on target, roscoe probably takes it for a touchdown.

The throw to evans in the endzone to me is clearly a coaching mistake (made worse by the lack of execution by JP), b/c evans was clearly the target from the moment the ball was snapped. no hesitation, so I'm assuming that was called. Why did we draft Hardy again? Talk about a soon-to-be BUST.

So ya, coaching is obviously a joke and I think Jauron should go at the end of the year, but players on this team right now are incapable of walking in a straight line without tripping over themselves...and they've been this way for the past month and a half.

Well after 13 weeks...hindsight being 20/20...the bills were never good.. teams they beat are a combined 18-60 thus far...Bills were simply playing with smoke and mirrors and had almost all die-hard Bills fans fooled...I'm embarassed that I stuck up for this pathetic group earlier this season when other fans were dogging the team.. citing they haven't played anybody... Well they were right...the writing was on the wall when Brady Quinn walked out of the Ralph with a win on a Monday Night. Honestly, I never really gave them a chance today with Losman starting. I feel like I'm watching "Sackalicious" Rob Johnson all over again when Losman plays...he is definitely garbage.....Now Jauron is who I thought he was..he isn't going to take this team to the next level. I just can't see it... I don't know where we go from here ..Russ Grimm? Not that is even possible...but I do think Jauron is living on borrowed time.

For me, what hurts most by far this year is the fact that the stars appeared to align themselves for us..only for us to squander it all.

The jets, while better than last year, are beatable.

The world-beater pats are very beatable this year.

The dolphins, while better, aren't anything special.

The division was finally ours to either win, or at least be able to get a wild card..who knows, maybe even begin to turn the tides in the AFC east for a few years? Obviously that was way too much to ask, and here we are.. in LAST.

Next year we get to look forward to seeing Brady beat us by 35 again. Can't wait.