Golic criticized Willis

Dawgg

first off if willis would have been in the mindset of going all out and catching him he most definitly would have. however what i think happened was willis saw the guy coming from his right and was worried he was gonna get his legs taken out from underneath him and because he still doesnt trust his knee he got worried and sed fuk it...

i dont blame the guy he should be pissed

Obviously the Bills should start the RB who best runs down Bledsoe's end zone interceptions.

Note to Travis, starter 1B, when Bledsoe tosses up a red zone int this Sunday, catch that mutha and you'll move up to starter 1A next week.

88170[/snapback]

haha... very good point...

!@#$ Cory Dillon....If Travis did that, everyone here would be bashing him to know end and adding in a comment that Bledsoe had to force that throw cause Henry missed a blocking assignment....

I like Mcgahee but c'mon dont make an excuse for him giving up....What if he blew his hammy??  WTF he can blow his hammy on any given play, make the extra effort and dont give up....

Look at Moulds, he was 10 yards farther away then Mcgahee but he went into 2nd gear and didnt give up and caught the guy....Thats a leader right there....

Hopefully Mcgahee learns from this and never does that again....

87979[/snapback]

By the way, Willis was WIDE FREAKING OPEN in the right flat with nobody between him and the goal line on that play. Just thought I'd point that out, because nobody has mentioned it yet.

By the way, Willis was WIDE FREAKING OPEN in the right flat with nobody between him and the goal line on that play.  Just thought I'd point that out, because nobody has mentioned it yet.

88184[/snapback]

As was Campbell when Bledsoe went into his lock on Evans on the 2nd Deion INT....Look at the replay and you'll see Campbell about 5 yards out with noone around him, waving his hands up.....

There is no freaking way Willis ever gets into position to make that tackle and he knew it ! That's why he stopped. There were two Ravens between him and the DB with the ball. One of which had a clean path to a knockout blow on WM if he tried to cut to the right side of the field. WM was in the middle of the field. Anyone could see this. Why get injured making a hopeless attempt to catch the guy? If WM is near the sideline, I say he would have kept running. He was never in a position to make that play. B)

88017[/snapback]

So I guess this is why he seems to have lost the "magic" he had in the pre-season of "always finding the end zone:" He sees there are a bunch of defensive players between him and the end zone, figures he can't make it in anyways without getting a "knockout blow" from one of the defenders (risking injury in the process), so he just stops.... :doh:

I was yelling at the screen when I saw it "live." I saw McGahee bail on it, and was disappointed....

He should have continued the chase regardless. Players running along, now and again, get a hitch and stumble a bit and slow up from time to time. Sometimes they hot-dog and expose the ball (remember that return of a ball by a defensive player for Dallas in a Super Bowl that was knocked away -I forget who the Cowboy was).

I hope the coaching staff pointed such things out to WMG so the error won't be repeated.

He should have continues the chase regardless. Players running along, now and again, get a hitch and stumble a bit time to time. Sometimes they hot-dog and expose the ball (remember that return by a defensive player for Dallas in a Super Bowl -I forget who the Cowboy was).

I hope the coaching staff pointed such things out to WMG so the error won't be repeated.

88251[/snapback]

How can you forget his name, LEON LETT......

And it was no surprise Willis was taken out after giving up on that play

No, because practice will give you some benefit. Chasing a guy that he knew he wouldnt catch is risk with no benefit.

Basically, all of you people wanted him to put on a show for the fans, to show that he was a "team" player.  He obviously knew it was a lost cause, and felt there was no point in risking injury.

Personally, I dont care if he is a team player.  I don't care if he walks through the locker room Bryan Cox style, whipping everyone off. If he comes out on the field and runs for 100 yards a game, I wouldnt care.

87998[/snapback]

i've seen some crazy a$$ stevestojan in the 29 years that I've been watching professional football. One thing that almost always holds true is that extra effort pays off. You say Willis knew he wouldn't cath him? How about trying? Hell Moulds caught up to him, maybe he can knock the ball out. Wouldn't it be nice to be in position to recover a fumble???? It CAN happen, but you won't find out without trying.

all of you people wanted him to put on a show for the fans, to show that he was a "team" player.  He obviously knew it was a lost cause, and felt there was no point in risking injury

WTF? I was not looking for any show from him, I want to see effort. Good things come from effort. You also say he did it to avoid injury, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

and I can't say the same thing about the O-Linemen. They don't have the tools that Willis has in the way of speed.

there is no excusing mcgahee for that piece of stevestojan effort. moulds went to twice the effort when it looked like he had no shot to stop him...and what do you know, the guy went down. as far as i'm concerned he owes the entire team an apology.

He should have continued the chase regardless. Players running along, now and again, get a hitch and stumble a bit and slow up from time to time. Sometimes they hot-dog and expose the ball (remember that return  of a ball by a defensive player for Dallas in a Super Bowl that was knocked away -I forget who the Cowboy was).

88251[/snapback]

no offense, but how do you not know the name of the player? are you a young fan and don't remember the super bowl? are you a "new fan" that has switched over from another team? do you normally know the player's name but are too intoxicated to recall? because i can't for the life of me figure out how a bills fan doesn't know the name of Leon Lett. Possibly the most well known bonehead in all of football. He made two of the biggest blunders in all of the NFL. Every Bills fan should know his name. My kids will know Leon Lett before they know George Washington. I'll be sure of that.