I think its now clear...

canbuffan34

Finally got a day off work and decided to rewatch all the games, without any stats to back my observations I can tell you that although Evans is the deep threat (sorry for the blatant obvious remark) it is Reed that moves the chains for this offense. Success moving forward is painfully simple, Trent + Reed = W's Could any of you hardworking statisticians (sp?) please post Reeds receiving #'s in victories, as well as his # of 3rd down catches resulting in first downs? :censored:

Finally got a day off work and decided to rewatch all the games, without any stats to back my observations I can tell you that although Evans is the deep threat (sorry for the blatant obvious remark) it is Reed that moves the chains for this offense. Success moving forward is painfully simple, Trent + Reed = W's Could any of you hardworking statisticians (sp?) please post Reeds receiving #'s in victories, as well as his # of 3rd down catches resulting in first downs? :censored:

The stats are as follows:

When posting "dubs" in da B-LO... Reed has "bookoo" receptions

When posting losses in da B-LO... Reed has no receptions

Moving on...

Dick said WHIP IT!!!

Finally got a day off work and decided to rewatch all the games, without any stats to back my observations I can tell you that although Evans is the deep threat (sorry for the blatant obvious remark) it is Reed that moves the chains for this offense. Success moving forward is painfully simple, Trent + Reed = W's Could any of you hardworking statisticians (sp?) please post Reeds receiving #'s in victories, as well as his # of 3rd down catches resulting in first downs? :)

Reed is getting open AND hangs onto the ball. Don't know that can be said accross the board regarding the other receivers. I haven't been able to review games to see if Evans is having problems getting open deep.

Finally got a day off work and decided to rewatch all the games, without any stats to back my observations I can tell you that although Evans is the deep threat (sorry for the blatant obvious remark) it is Reed that moves the chains for this offense. Success moving forward is painfully simple, Trent + Reed = W's Could any of you hardworking statisticians (sp?) please post Reeds receiving #'s in victories, as well as his # of 3rd down catches resulting in first downs? :)

Well - the Reed/Edwards connection was a force against a 1-9 KC team lead by a Tyler Thigpen offense that served up 5 turnovers...

Thigpen was the 1st-ever QB for Coastal Carolina, when they started a football program in 2004. A 7th round pick by MIN in the '07 draft, KC plucked him off of waivers.

Myself - I wait to proclaim the return of Reed as a reason for a resurrection of TE.

Reed is getting open AND hangs onto the ball. Don't know that can be said accross the board regarding the other receivers. I haven't been able to review games to see if Evans is having problems getting open deep.

I think Evans is still the "go to guy" but when there's nobody playing opposite him, defenses can work to shut him down. Let's look at the list of players who could play that crucial second receiver role:

Roscoe Parish- Trent has confessed that he loses him out there, that Roscoe's simply too small to be seen amidst the traffic of defensive players. Also, while I have no way of substantiating this claim, I have to believe that lil Roscoe isn't the best run-blocker in the world.

James Hardy- obviously he hasn't undergone the rapid development we were all hoping for. While it's obviously not impossible for rookie WR's to get caught up to speed (Deshaun Jackson, Eddie Royal), it's definitely rare. But while rookie players have demonstrated that Jauron and company may have had them reigned in too tight, that they were in fact ready to go once they got their chance, James HAS had his chances, and he didn't capitalize. Which brings us to:

Steve Johnson: he's a seventh round rookie. Nuff said.

Justin Jenkins: I've never been to training camp, so I've never seen this guy play. But he's been hanging around long enough now, that he's got SOME things working for him, but clearly not enough to get it all together.

So, while Josh Reed takes this offense to a new level, and while he IS having a very very good year (finally caught a TD, woo hoo!)- I think it's more the case that he's really the only competent #2 option for us at the moment. Hopefully Hardy figures it out sooner rather than later. Given his physical tools, if Hardy played with the same craftiness and skill as Reed, the Evans, Reed, Hardy combo could be the best receiving corps in the league.

Of course its crystal clear anyone who is behind the 10 yard marker is is go to reciever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - the Reed/Edwards connection was a force against a 1-9 KC team lead by a Tyler Thigpen offense that served up 5 turnovers...

Thigpen was the 1st-ever QB for Coastal Carolina, when they started a football program in 2004. A 7th round pick by MIN in the '07 draft, KC plucked him off of waivers.

Myself - I wait to proclaim the return of Reed as a reason for a resurrection of TE.

I don't see how thigpen being a 7th round pick relates to reed/edwards. Was Thigpen covering reed or was he rushing Edwards? Yes the Chiefs are not a great team.

But it is obvious that Edwards looks for Reed and him being in the lineup helps. I do wish he would have been able to hit more receivers in the absence of Reed.

James Hardy- obviously he hasn't undergone the rapid development we were all hoping for. While it's obviously not impossible for rookie WR's to get caught up to speed (Deshaun Jackson, Eddie Royal), it's definitely rare. But while rookie players have demonstrated that Jauron and company may have had them reigned in too tight, that they were in fact ready to go once they got their chance, James HAS had his chances, and he didn't capitalize. Which brings us to:

When given the opportunity Johnson has made plays. He might be a late round steal for the bills. Seems a little more polished than Hardy so far.

I think Evans is still the "go to guy" but when there's nobody playing opposite him, defenses can work to shut him down. Let's look at the list of players who could play that crucial second receiver role:

Roscoe Parish- Trent has confessed that he loses him out there, that Roscoe's simply too small to be seen amidst the traffic of defensive players. Also, while I have no way of substantiating this claim, I have to believe that lil Roscoe isn't the best run-blocker in the world.

Justin Jenkins: I've never been to training camp, so I've never seen this guy play. But he's been hanging around long enough now, that he's got SOME things working for him, but clearly not enough to get it all together.

So, while Josh Reed takes this offense to a new level, and while he IS having a very very good year (finally caught a TD, woo hoo!)- I think it's more the case that he's really the only competent #2 option for us at the moment. Hopefully Hardy figures it out sooner rather than later. Given his physical tools, if Hardy played with the same craftiness and skill as Reed, the Evans, Reed, Hardy combo could be the best receiving corps in the league.

Well thought out and written. Steve Johnson had a decent gave vs KC, no? I think if we had another burner to take the heat off of Evans, he would be getting a lot more throws from TE. Parrish is a run-after-the-catch guy and Hardy isn't having the impact we were hoping for, at least yet. I'm betting we see Hardy involved more, next season.

TRUE, regarding Reed....funny how not too long ago everyone was calling for his release...including me.