(OT) Door Alarms and Smoke Detectors.

PIZ

I have a 3 bedroom home. 2 rooms downstairs and 1 big one upstairs. We have 2 kids under 5 right now so we are all downstairs and my wife and I were eventually going to move upstairs when the kids were older. Well, we have another one (surprise) on the way so we are probably going to have to go upstairs prematurely. So, I am trying to find out if there are door alarms that if my kid's door opens downstairs that an alarm will go off upstairs in my room. The same for a smoke alarm system; if one alarm goes off, they all go off. Are there such systems out there? Also, I'm thinking maybe of getting an intercom system that my kids can call upstairs if they need something. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a little nervous about this, as my kids are a little wild and like to explore on their own.

I have a 3 bedroom home.  2 rooms downstairs and 1 big one upstairs.  We have 2 kids under 5 right now so we are all downstairs and my wife and I were eventually going to move upstairs when the kids were older.  Well, we have another one (surprise) on the way so we are probably going to have to go upstairs prematurely.  So, I am trying to find out if there are door alarms that if my kid's door opens downstairs that an alarm will go off upstairs in my room.  The same for a smoke alarm system; if one alarm goes off, they all go off.  Are there such systems out there?  Also, I'm thinking maybe of getting an intercom system that my kids can call upstairs if they need something.  If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a little nervous about this, as my kids are a little wild and like to explore on their own.

86614[/snapback]

All is possible, but how come the situation seems to be that the that parents are subservient to the children. Who cares what kids need? - they are historically, incessant pests who try to blow the slightest unfulfilled whim into a federal case. Don't let 'em push ya around, and send 'em out to work the crops! :D

I have a 3 bedroom home.  2 rooms downstairs and 1 big one upstairs.  We have 2 kids under 5 right now so we are all downstairs and my wife and I were eventually going to move upstairs when the kids were older.  Well, we have another one (surprise) on the way so we are probably going to have to go upstairs prematurely.  So, I am trying to find out if there are door alarms that if my kid's door opens downstairs that an alarm will go off upstairs in my room.  The same for a smoke alarm system; if one alarm goes off, they all go off.  Are there such systems out there?  Also, I'm thinking maybe of getting an intercom system that my kids can call upstairs if they need something.  If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a little nervous about this, as my kids are a little wild and like to explore on their own.

86614[/snapback]

Not sure about the door alarm, but I know that in my houes (newly built in 2002), if any smoke alarm goes off they all start beeping (upstairs, main floor, basement). Not sure how it works but it is possible...

CW