Wake up Buffalo to a great sports story

PromoTheRobot

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I think they would have to get an invite for the Hawaii Bowl or something. I guess it's just more likely they will be in on of the other 3 bowls...

That's the case. The MAC has tie-ins to 3 bowls (Motor City, International, and GMAC).

But ESPN is listing that the Pac-10 may not have enough eligible teams for all their bowl positions, which include the Hawaii Bowl. Thus, their potential interest in UB.

I still think that would be terrific...UB vs. Hawaii in paradise.

That's the case. The MAC has tie-ins to 3 bowls (Motor City, International, and GMAC).

But ESPN is listing that the Pac-10 may not have enough eligible teams for all their bowl positions, which include the Hawaii Bowl. Thus, their potential interest in UB.

I still think that would be terrific...UB vs. Hawaii in paradise.

As great as the Hawaii Bowl would be, I think they will have to go to one of the MAC bowls...like that's a bad thing. :unsure:

According to the MAC website:

The Bulls are also guaranteed a berth in one of the three bowl games that have MAC tie ins - the Motor City Bowl, the GMAC Bowl and the International Bowl. It will be the Bulls first bowl as an FBS (I-A) member since joining the MAC in 1999.

Looks like the Hawii bowl is not an optionl...

UB MAC East Championship shirts on sale here...

Looks like the MAC Championship game tickets, Dec. 5th @ Ford Field, will be available Wednesday..

on espns website for college football schlareth projected them playing in hawai

How cool would this be? UB already hosts Pitt on Sept.7 2009. What if the Bills opened at home on the 8th and both games would be played at RWS? Tailgate double-header!!!

PTR

I wouldn't want them to take that game off campus. Let the student body be able to walk there...and fill the place!

on espns website for college football schlareth projected them playing in hawai

That's because Schlereth knows not of what he speaks. Being MAC East champs automatically puts UB into the GMAC, Motor City, or International Bowl. Keep in mind UB can still win the MAC Championship outright. As for the Hawaii Bowl, it's the one bowl no school wants because the payout is so small and the cost of getting your team there is so large, you actually lose money! If it's Detroit or Toronto, I'm there. Mobile, AL is where the GMAC is played and Getting there is a little tougher.

PTR