Only Buffalo Can Do This . . .

BenchBledsoe

I'm man enough to admit I've shed tears over the Bills in the past, but this time I just took a walk home from my friends apartment in the snow in utter stunned silence.

I'll bet a lot of us have shed tears.

The only thing worse than being back home in WNY right now is being a Bills fan in the midst of smart-ass, smug Patriots* fans in New Hampshire. My in-laws, my co-workers, every third vehicle on the highway with a f*cking Patriots decal. When I go into work this morning, I'm going to get it full force. About a month ago, I started a staff meeting (every one of them a Pats* fan) by reminding people that the Bills were 5-1. Ouch.

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffa...oh hell, the wagons are burning. I've been a fan for 43 years. Hard to stop now. When Mr. Wilson passes and we find out all the posturing about keeping the team in Buffalo by our former greats was just that, it'll be time to be an NFL fan. No more heartache, no more painful Sundays. Hell, I'll even save the money I'm wasting on Sunday Ticket.

It is surreal what Buffalo sports teams do to us poor fans. It never, EVER stops. The torture is beyond what any normal sports fans have to endure.

4-0 and 5-1 to 5-5??? Lose at home on Monday night to Cleveland in an absolute must win game?? Only in Buffalo can a team get off to a 4-0 start and be virtually eliminated by week 10. the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Must win??

As Marv Levy said, "must wins" are overrated in life...World War II was a MUST WIN...and we were on the road too!"