Fix it NOW!

In my opinion, Buffalo is looking now like the worst 5-4 team in the NFL. And if they think the "easy" part of the schedule is going to do them any favors, they better think again. If the Bills aren't attempting to fix their problems this week and still think they're going to beat Cleveland and Brady Quinn on Monday Night, they're sadly mistaken.

The way this team is playing and coaching right now, a pee-wee team (or the Detroit Lions) could blow them out this week. What do we always say builds a winner? Running the football, protecting the quarterback, pressuring the opposing quarterback, and winning the turnover battle. Um, the Bills are doing none of the above mentioned. Say what you want about injuries, but the team that we lost to last week is the class of our division for a reason, they just don't use it as an excuse. This is why depth in the NFL is so vitally important, and why there is free-agency, to add depth. There's nothing wrong with Dick Jauron having confidence in his starters, but what are the odds that NOBODY is going to get hurt through sixteen weeks? The Bills have no formitable depth at ANY postition. RB you say? Sure, if they HAD a running game.

If this team doesn't find a pass rush and/or make a move soon to pick up a defensive end, they can forget it. They just aren't aggressive enough when people get hurt like Aaron Schobel. If this team doesn't commit more to the run, they can forget it. If the multi-million dollar line doesn't start performing like a million bucks, they can forget it. If this team doesn't commit to the run more, they can also forget it. Oh, and by the way, if they want the postseason bad enough, they need to correct ALL of these, not just one or two. Like I said, these aren't minor things anymore. Every week we're seeing this stuff. This isn't a virus anymore...it's an epidemic. Good luck in fixing the Bills, Mr. Ivy League! Your job depends on it.

In my opinion, Buffalo is looking now like the worst 5-4 team in the NFL. And if they think the "easy" part of the schedule is going to do them any favors, they better think again. If the Bills aren't attempting to fix their problems this week and still think they're going to beat Cleveland and Brady Quinn on Monday Night, they're sadly mistaken.

The way this team is playing and coaching right now, a pee-wee team (or the Detroit Lions) could blow them out this week. What do we always say builds a winner? Running the football, protecting the quarterback, pressuring the opposing quarterback, and winning the turnover battle. Um, the Bills are doing none of the above mentioned. Say what you want about injuries, but the team that we lost to last week is the class of our division for a reason, they just don't use it as an excuse. This is why depth in the NFL is so vitally important, and why there is free-agency, to add depth. There's nothing wrong with Dick Jauron having confidence in his starters, but what are the odds that NOBODY is going to get hurt through sixteen weeks? The Bills have no formitable depth at ANY postition. RB you say? Sure, if they HAD a running game.

If this team doesn't find a pass rush and/or make a move soon to pick up a defensive end, they can forget it. They just aren't aggressive enough when people get hurt like Aaron Schobel. If this team doesn't commit more to the run, they can forget it. If the multi-million dollar line doesn't start performing like a million bucks, they can forget it. If this team doesn't commit to the run more, they can also forget it. Oh, and by the way, if they want the postseason bad enough, they need to correct ALL of these, not just one or two. Like I said, these aren't minor things anymore. Every week we're seeing this stuff. This isn't a virus anymore...it's an epidemic. Good luck in fixing the Bills, Mr. Ivy League! Your job depends on it.

Juron = 3 year extension

Sure, but is Mr. Wilson going to be all that crazy about keeping a guy who let 4-0 and 5-1 go straight down the toilet?

I hope not but I wouldn't put it past him. Also, if you own a team who is average year after year but season ticket sales are going through the roof, why change? Money talks. I hate to say it but prove to me that you want to win Mr. Wilson. He has proven time and time again that he doesn't want to pay top dollar for coaches so maybe this is what he wants. Cheap labor and rising profits. Again, I hope this isn't true cause it kills me as a fan but it does creep into my mind.

...or make a move soon to pick up a defensive end, they can forget it.

What kind of a move do you suggest since the trade deadline has come and gone? KGB? Have you noticed any of the 31 teams in the NFL rushing to sign him? In terms of finding a way to get to the QB with blitzes, Fewell has shown nothing in terms of resolving the lack of a pass rush.

What you see is what you get in terms of the pass rush.

Sure, but is Mr. Wilson going to be all that crazy about keeping a guy who let 4-0 and 5-1 go straight down the toilet?

As opposed to the alternative, pay the fired coach for the next three years and have to pay a new coach.

Do you really think Wilson would fire a coach with 3 years left on his deal?

What kind of a move do you suggest since the trade deadline has come and gone? KGB? Have you noticed any of the 31 teams in the NFL rushing to sign him? In terms of finding a way to get to the QB with blitzes, Fewell has shown nothing in terms of resolving the lack of a pass rush.

What you see is what you get in terms of the pass rush.

No, I don't see anyone rushing out to sign him. But can we really do any worse than we are now? Give him or Simeon Rice a shot, worst case scenario, we still don't get pressure, but the Bills would've shown the fans they tried to fix it. Oh, and by the way, the Jets just signed Ty Law (another wash up...or is he?). You know, the same Jets who picked off Trent twice two weeks ago and allowed only three points to the Rams last week. Its called being aggressive. Its called improving and adding DEPTH. Its called trying to make yourselves better even at 6-3. Its also called making a CONSCIOUS effort to end the New England dominance. I know their our division rivals, but good for the Jets. At least someone is trying to improve themselves in the division.

No, I don't see anyone rushing out to sign him. But can we really do any worse than we are now? Give him or Simeon Rice a shot, worst case scenario, we still don't get pressure, but the Bills would've shown the fans they tried to fix it. Oh, and by the way, the Jets just signed Ty Law (another wash up...or is he?). You know, the same Jets who picked off Trent twice two weeks ago and allowed only three points to the Rams last week. Its called being aggressive. Its called improving and adding DEPTH. Its called trying to make yourselves better even at 6-3. Its also called making a CONSCIOUS effort to end the New England dominance. I know their our division rivals, but good for the Jets. At least someone is trying to improve themselves in the division.

Rice is 34 and has been inured and/or out of the NFL since mid-way through the 2006 season. It's great to throw names out there, but at least give it some thought first. As far as KGB goes, if his knees are shot, the Bills medical staff can't wave their magic wands and make them better.

Don't you think the word spreads quickly throughout the NFL when certain players have hit the wall?