We rushed for SIXTY f#<%ing yards?

Aaargh ... On the one hand, yes ... I know ... a big part of the loss was that Whitner and Schobel didn't play. and that makes me feel maginally better about that long drive they had against us ... the one that lasted seventy-eight plays or whatever it was... the drive they started in October and finished in November. But on OFFENSE, we rushed for a TEAM total of SIXTY frickin' yards. That doesn't cut it. I'm in a bad mood.

- Another comment, not meant to be confrontational or to single anyone out, but here goes... I was slightly annoyed by one thread telling me (us) how not to act when the season goes south ... no offense, PNW Bills fan ... but people who care more than most WILL say things like the hyperbolic "I'm done, that's it!" ... or my personal favorite, "I'm burning my tickets..." Look, no offense, but when you get 250 games under your belt, then tell me how to react after a season unravels.

- Having said that ... The thing that bothers me most is the schedule the last three weeks. I predicted a while back on this forum that we could lose the last three AND still go 11-5. Then I had to back off to losing the last three and still going 10-6, which I believe would get us a home playoff game but not a first-round bye. Now I'm in a in a corner and do NOT want to boast about 9-7. Oh, and my question from last week may not be rhetorical any more: Has any team ever won a division with an 0-6 division record? (I know there's a bottle of Jack around here somewhere...)

We actually had some stretches where we ran the ball well on first down, Edwards was sacked twice, once on a second and five and once on 2 and 3. He threw his 4th Q int after Lynch had gained 20 yards on 3 consecutive carries. Drives killed by sacks, ints and third and 1 swing passes.

NE has had a good run defense which isn't surprising considering their big front 4 and run stopping lb's.

I looked at NE's last 4 games and the yards per pass play stat is where we stink. Indy was 8.8, Rams 7.1 and SD was 11.3 per pass play. Yesterday we were 4.3 yards per pass play. Basically, dink and dunks; checkdowns. 3 plays over 10 yards, one was a run after catch by Roscoe and one was the TD to Hardy with the game all but over. Bad blocking, no seperation, bad throws, bad play calling and bad preparation for what NE would try to take away all contribute to this loss.