Would you trade M. Lynch for......

UncleBuff

FIXED

If some geniuses think ML is the prob then they need to include Fred cuz he's not doing any better there! :w00t:

Methinks the prob lies elsewhere.......

I'm not thrilled with the OL either, but ignoring facts doesn't help a case.

Fred Jackson 2008 YPC 4.0 - very good, 4.0 is the bellwether for success for an RB

Marshawn Lynch 2008 YPC 3.5 - poor, unacceptable, well below average

It seems all Buffalo players eventually begin to play at a mediocre level. See Kiwakee Mitchell, Stroud and Peters for example. If Peyton Manning was traded to Buffalo, he would eventually be mediocre too..............It's the Buffalo curse...

Guest dog14787

Can we just trade the O-line for a new one, TE's included. :w00t:

Honestly though folks in my opinion its partly to do with the offense we are trying to run and theres probably not much we can do about it until the season is over when we can put what remains of Fairchilds offense to rest.

A new OC may be in order and this is coming from someone who gave Turk Shonert allot of praise at the begining of the season. We come out looking the same way every week on offense, its getting old and its not working, not even as good as when Fairchild was running the offense.

Can you explain to me why two seasons ago our offense showed flashes of the greatest show on turf? Is our offense not working because we are tryin to take a big play offensive and put a muzzle on it because of Jauron's conservative nature?

Fred Jackson 2008 YPC 4.0 - very good, 4.0 is the bellwether for success for an RB

Yep ignoring facts maybe all these team should swap there starters also....

Marion Barber 3.8ypc...Felix Jones 8.9ypc

Jamal Lewis 3.6ypc...Jerome Harrison 7.5ypc

LaDainian Tomlinson 3.8ypc...Darren Sproles 5.1ypc

Ryan Grant 3.5ypc...Brandon Jackson 5.1ypc

etc etc

All these guys have gotten off to average to below average starts....and there backups have out performed them by far....time for a change ... right???

or maybe just maybe..there is a reason a back-up might come in here n' there and gash a defense....

Look Marshawn has gotten off to a below average start...there is know denying that...

but......

Lets take a look at our line....

Our "Pro Bowl" LT held out all preseason and has yet to regain his "Pro Bowl" playing form....

Our below average Center is now our #2 Center and our old #2 Center is now our below average starting center....

Our RG, who was a average RG at best is now hurt...bringing in a below average back-up in Whittle who is now hurt....now were probably going to start a young potentially good Tackle at RG....

The line has been a major problem....

Dont ya think??

Guest dog14787

Wait until the seasons over and then look at ML's YPC, he plays his best football when it counts the most in the second half of the season. Lynch gets stronger when most RB's get run down from the long, hard season.

Marshawn has big play potential, we see flashes of it from time to time, he's just young and needs experience.

I admit he has been less than stellar, but I find it hard to put all the blame on ML. He may lose some plays for us by trying to do more than he should, but then if he does break a big one by extending the play we sing his praises for getting something out of nothing. If the o-line that was supposed to be so great this year would do some decent blocking, we just may be able to see the ML that we expected out of Cal. Maybe we can trade our line for one of those other running backs' lines. <_<

how can u even judge how good Lynch is when he is getting 10 carries a game?? Lynch isnt what's wrong with the run game... Turd Shonert is

Yep ignoring facts maybe all these team should swap there starters also....

Marion Barber 3.8ypc...Felix Jones 8.9ypc

Jamal Lewis 3.6ypc...Jerome Harrison 7.5ypc

LaDainian Tomlinson 3.8ypc...Darren Sproles 5.1ypc

Ryan Grant 3.5ypc...Brandon Jackson 5.1ypc

etc etc

All these guys have gotten off to average to below average starts....and there backups have out performed them by far....time for a change ... right???

or maybe just maybe..there is a reason a back-up might come in here n' there and gash a defense....

Look Marshawn has gotten off to a below average start...there is know denying that...

but......

Lets take a look at our line....

Our "Pro Bowl" LT held out all preseason and has yet to regain his "Pro Bowl" playing form....

Our below average Center is now our #2 Center and our old #2 Center is now our below average starting center....

Our RG, who was a average RG at best is now hurt...bringing in a below average back-up in Whittle who is now hurt....now were probably going to start a young potentially good Tackle at RG....

The line has been a major problem....

Dont ya think??

Agree completely. To add to your post (and its been brought up before), Kenneth Davis averaged 4.5 ypc in his 6 years with the Bills, and Thurman averaged around 4.1 ypc.

What kind of post is this? Put Lynch in Tennessee - bet he would be in Hawaii come February....

I hear what you're saying but I don't think the Titans are a good example. Maybe Denver.

Granted Trent's weak arm allows teams to stack the box against us. And yes, opening it up even just a little like Kerry Collins can would help. Collins is old though and he may tire as the season goes on. I doubt his arm will get tired enough to degrade to an Edwards level, but it still may hurt Johnson a bit. I think Cutler is a better example of how a strong armed QB can help a guy like Lynch.

how can u even judge how good Lynch is when he is getting 10 carries a game?? Lynch isnt what's wrong with the run game... Turd Shonert is

Lynch got 9 carries for 26 yards in the first half. Stop lying to yourself and watch the game. He isn't that good.

As far as comparing Thurman to Davis is also a lie. Thurman averaged over 4.5 ypc in his prime, so to compare careers is ridiculous, not to mention Thurman was a better receiver. Jackson should be starting until it's 100% the line's fault. Until then smashing yourself over the head with the same results is the fault of bad coaching.