Honestly, What to Do?

Evans, I can't disagree with what you are saying, but the level of frustration is off the charts. I spend afternoons watching these guys, money flying to games, money buying the NFL package, and not to mention emotional currency. I don't think anybody can argue, the problem with this organization, like any other, starts at the very top and when is this guy going to wake up?? If you think this organization is in the right direction then lets hear your case?

It sounds like you have to make a life decision then bro. I wanted nothing but to !@#$in sulk in a corner and drink a bunch of beers yesterday, but today is a new day and life goes on. If it's taking an emotional and financial toll on you, then it is not worth it.

Do I think the organization is going in the right direction? Hell yea I do. They have young studs at QB, RB, WR, S, LB, and what we still hope is LT. If we can get these lines turned around quickly, which may be a lot to ask, than we have a ridiculously bright future.

Go Sabres.

As many of you, I noticed a post by one of us bidding farewell to this fan base and its organization, the individual conveniently hit the eject button over a warm tropical island with a stocked tiki bar and loads of naked women otherwise known as the Tennessee Titans. In all honesty, I am having a hard time disagreeing with this decisive action. I mean, how much more can anybody take of this organization?

Frankly, there are better ideas on this website about personnel and coaching then what regularly streams out of One Bills Drive. We are going on nine years of no playoff appearances and the probability of this streak ending anytime soon is slim and none. I hear cries that Ralph is cheap, no he is not cheap, he is ignorant in terms of building winning football programs (milking fans is another story)! He just gave a coach that is completely void of creativity and leadership a three year, probably 10+ million, extension for accomplishing next to nothing, not too dissimilar from what he did with Donahoe. The definition of ignorance is making the same mistake over and over again, which seems to fit Ralph like a fine pair of OJ Simpson driving gloves. If he was cheap he would nulify the contract and settle in arbitration for an amount well inside the terms of that contract.

That said, what can this team do with its current roster? Blitz more with our lock-down corners and deep center field safeties; turn small, slow, powerless defensive ends into sack artists; send Ellison in off the edge; run counters and traps with fat un-athletic linemen; move defenses out of the box and safeties out deeper with guys like Hardy, Royal, and Parrish; Christ, I am reading desperate pleas for Schobel and Yabouty to return, doesn’t that say everything? From my survey of the situation we might as well being asking for a parting of Lake Erie; and a couple thousand of us are questioning the sanity of our friend that left for greener pastures? Come to think of it, he is the one that should be doing the questioning!

Like any other sport, one wins with talent and the people making decisions on talent haven’t done their job in One Bills Drive for quite some time now. Coaching is also very important in the NFL, which is somewhat confirmed when we consider what Moose McNaully did last year with this pathetic offensive line. Probably his greatest feat before riding off into retirement. It is simply amazing how teams in this league can go from putrid records one season to playoffs the next, yet the Bills continue to flounder in mediocrity for such extended periods of time.

And the once great San Fransisco 49ers have been stinking up the league for how many years now? The Raiders reek, the Rams reek, and the Indianapolis Mannings are mere mortals. It ebbs and flows. Perennial powerhouses and whipping boys trade places every few years thanks to parity and finding diamonds in the rough.

I don't believe that there is such a great drop off in talent between the Bills and the Titans (for example). For the most part. NFL calibre players are on a fairly even keel. I agree about coaching and you've probably hit the nail on the proverbial head. I'd like to see some fire and smoke come out of Jauron's head once in awhile. I'd like to see Fewell do something (i.e. anything) to make adjustments to the defense when it's getting torched. It's a big hit when your starters go down, but it's up to the coaches to have the backups ready to rock and roll. We've replaced the offensive line personnel how many times now and still can't get a group to pass protect, pick up blitzes or open holes for the running game. It's not all the players fault and even if it is, who the hell brought them in in the first place? Start benching players for poor performance and ship them out if they don't improve. And tell them that during halftime when they're playing like crap and committing idiotic penalties. Tell Fewell if he has the defense doing the same thing over and over and expects different results, he can expect the only real result will be geting fired. If you owned a company and your management and employees did a crappy job, what would you do? Keep giving them paychecks for doing a crappy job and expect different results?

I thinketh not if thou catcheth my drift, and I thinkest thou doth.