It done. Over. Time to move on.

Bear

So, it's obvious that the Bills are out of the playoff picture. Any aspirations for this season are in the crapper. So, what do we do with the remaining games to make this season have some point? Here's what I think:

QB

As fans it's time to stop arguing about Bledsoe. Whether you support him or not, he is done after this season. Keeping him in isn't going to hurt anything, since we are not going to make the playoffs anyway. The arguments about who is most capable to help the team win now are pointless.

Now that we are where we are, I think instead of throwing JP in to the wolves, he needs to be brought along slowly throughout the remainder of the season. Let him get 100% healthy, and then bring him in for 4th quarters and maybe even 2nd halves torward the end of the year. The game experience will do wonders for him next year, and getting him that experience slowly and against many different teams will be that much better.

RB's

Opposite of the QB situation, I think we need to let McGahee rest as much as possible. I would like to see him get no more than 12 carries a game. Yes, it is becoming more and more apparent that he is the better back, but I would rather let him rest that knee and not get hurt again before next season.

I think that chances are Henry will be traded next season. Whether it's for a 2nd or a 7th, he will be gone. If McGahee gets hurt, it will be another few years of Henry playing and everyone waiting to see if WM can get better...again. Let Travis try and play for his trade, up his value. Save WM for next season.

OL

It's time for the coaches to start moving these guys around and experimenting for next season. When Teague is better, see how he does at LT. Since Jennings is probably gone next year, find out NOW if Teague can hang in there, instead of waiting until after FA and the draft to find out he can't do it.

Try moving MW to guard. He is obviously a hazard at RT, but maybe he can catch on inside. Who knows.

Move these guys around in practice and in games if it feels right. Lets see what they can do. We need to know everything we can about these guys BEFORE the off-season.

WR's

Well, I pretty much think they will be okay, with all of the other changes around them. Evans will get better, Moulds will be Moulds. As far as our third and 4th stringers? I don't know. I just think WR is a low priority at the moment. They need to focus on the lines.

Defense

In my opinion the D needs two things. A FS and a better DE. With the offense as bad as it is, neither position will probably be upgraded. IF they can get a DE in FA, it would be great, but I just don't see it happening.

Really, the D isn't that damn bad. I know everyone is bitching about the 3rd downs, and with reason, but they have been solid in almost all other areas, and with some more work and continuity I think they can get even better.

Off-season

Draft:

I've said before (somewhat as a joke) that the Bills should draft 7 OLinemen! (This includes a pick for Henry) Sounds stupid? Yeah, it does, but what the hell! If out of those 7 guys they find two starters, its a win in my opinion. Spend every waking moment of every scout finding every bit of buried talent at the OL position you can, and get em in here. Obviously this won't happen, but it's what I would like to see.

FA:

3 areas...Oline, DE, and FS. Get the best players you can, don't waste money or time on "project" players until there are no other choices available! If they can get one starter on the Oline and one upgrade between DE and FS, I think it's a success.

If these things happen many of the debates from this season will be over. Bledsoe will be gone and JP will be starting. Henry will be gone in favor of WM. We could possibly have an upgrade at either FS or DE, and TD and company will have done everthing possible (in one off-season anyway) to shore up the Oline.

BTW, all this "CUT EVERYONE" talk is just friggin stupid. This team doesn't need to start from scratch. It just needs (desperate) help at certain key positions. Some of that help is already here and getting healthy/ready. Some more can be had in the off-season if it's done right. Here's hoping!

You know, this sucks... and I don't even have the damn Sabres to fall back on this year. Yesterday's game was the first time I found myself saying, "just pull him out." If for no other reason than to save face.

Drew's fault or not, the offense isn't firing on all cylinders. If nothing else, a different player at that position might create a LITTLE bit of spark. Hell, we'd think nothing of replacing a guard or a tackle for a game, why not a QB after 6?

-Jeff