Marshawn Lynch or the OL

Willis990

1. Is there an opening anywhere on the line of scrimmage once the back gets to the line?

2. how many defenders are at the opening once the back hits it ,if any?

3. are the lineman holding blocks long enough?

4. does the O-line at the of scrimmage move forward at all on a running play or are they stopped?

5 are the bills making a concerted effort to even establish a running game ?

Here is the better answer to those questions. Would you rather:

A. Sign new O-linemen mid-season to fix the problem

B. Change the blocking patterns and coaching mid-season

C. Change the running back and see if most of your questions can be answered

At this point you should realize that logic must dictate the answer is C. Then again I'm not amongst the more brilliant people I've ever encountered.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't reply to all your non-sense so let me reply to the pertinent non-sense.

I never said Jackson should have started last year, but it was apparent he was better than Thomas, who blew goats and shouldn't have been 5th on the depth chart.

I never said that because a player plays better in pre-season that he will be a star. It was clearly evident Thomas had no burst, Gates showed nothing in pre-season, and Jackson was inactive.

Now, continuing that logic it stands to reason that Anthony Thomas couldn't have got first downs last year to save his life. It was clear Gates showed less against the same competition, and wasn't great in camp against Jackson. Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

And no, Edwards didn't win the position more than JP got hurt and then called himself out. If JP never got injured he would have played all 16 games. That's reality, something you want to dismiss for your ridiculous assertions I never made.

(your statement)

Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

Holy cow this statement is utter horse crap,reality dictates that coaches will put the best player on the field that they think will do the best job in order to win football games! Good lord your name is fitting!

Its your opinion and your entitled to it even though its one of the most retarded statements I've ever read. Coaches are paid to win games and they will field the player that THEY think will let them win games and NOT because its a "front office pick". Kyle Williams comes to mind, 7th rd pick started over John McCargo who was a first rd pick!

Would the front office like to see John McCargo starting,you bet! But the fact is the late rounder played better so he started.

Again we can mention Jason Peters who by your statement would never get a chance to start simply because he was a free agent and the foolish coaches would only start "the front-office picks". ( your words)

You actually think that that the front office would rather "protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft" then have the coaches field the best player so they can win?

Can't reply to all your non-sense so let me reply to the pertinent non-sense.

I never said Jackson should have started last year, but it was apparent he was better than Thomas, who blew goats and shouldn't have been 5th on the depth chart.

I never said that because a player plays better in pre-season that he will be a star. It was clearly evident Thomas had no burst, Gates showed nothing in pre-season, and Jackson was inactive.

Now, continuing that logic it stands to reason that Anthony Thomas couldn't have got first downs last year to save his life. It was clear Gates showed less against the same competition, and wasn't great in camp against Jackson. Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

And no, Edwards didn't win the position more than JP got hurt and then called himself out. If JP never got injured he would have played all 16 games. That's reality, something you want to dismiss for your ridiculous assertions I never made.

That's not reality. JP won his job back but played very poorly in losing to the Jags and the Pats and would have most likely lost his job to Trent Edwards even if he had never been injured.

Dick Jauron has showed me he wants to win football games! He has shown me that he will play the best player irregardless of what position he has in the draft or if he is a free agent or walk on. If that player shows he can do the job better then others he will start!

You know whats funny though, through all my dog crazed delusions, sometimes the things I say have an odd way of happening.

I'm not trying to be a sports analyst, just trying to have fun mixing it up with my buddies on TBD. Got my Mom in the hospital battling cancer and this is the one place I can get away. She is doing allot better now so I've been spending allot of time here lately, its the best place I know,

With my bills fans :wallbash:

Sorry to hear about your Mum......but it's good to hear that she is doing better. :P

It looks like you enjoy the discussions, arguments & discarguments as much as I do.

This is a great place to hang around.

My Quote If Fred Jackson was the better back he would be starting,PERIOD!

your response

Just like with Anthony Thomas right? Just like with Lienart and Warner right? It usually takes an injury before it happens, but coaches are as biased as the front office to get their 1st rounders to play as much as possible unless there are solid starters ahead of them. Greer is probably gone next year, and tell me if McKelvin is better next year too just in case I get sick of seeing us get torched.

Anthony Thomas was more prepared to play,he had been in the Bills system and preformed well in the past. Coaches never know when a player will "hit the wall",meaning they are done! Clearly the coaches saw that Thomas could no longer get the job done so they kept trying players until they found a star in Fred Jackson.

Understand this fact Stupid Nation! The Bills coaches are paid to win football games they will field the player they think will get the job done most effectively.

Not some crazy crap about " coaches are as biased as the front office to get their 1st rounders to play as much as possible unless there are solid starters ahead of them. " ( your words)

Again I'll go back to Kyle Williams getting the Job over John McCargo.The 7th rounder beat out the 1st rounder.

In Sundays game against the Dolphins,the first series the bills had the ball to the five yard line first and goal.

First run-Fred Jackson up the middle to the four yard line.

second run-Fred Jackson up the middle to the one yard line.

Third run-Fred Jackson left side, no gain

Bills settle for a field goal. :wallbash:

No opening to run through,plain and simple...

Marshawn was on the bench and the trainers were looking at him for this series otherwise he would have been in there.

Would Marshawn have been able to push his way into the end zone? Doubtful the way the Bills line collapsed.Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

Fred Jackson was in there for Marshan and couldn't get it in the end zone 3 straight carries!

Why not address this statement part of the post?

Your name is still fitting,plus your very dense. even when i prove you wrong on your statements you still think your correct.

Some Fred Jackson stats

NIFL/UIF career

Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns.

2006 Jackson was invited to the Buffalo Bills training camp and played in NFL Europa for the Rhein Fire.

2007 Jackson made his first career start against the Washington Redskins.

In his first NFL start, Jackson rushed for 82 yards while catching 4 passes for 69 yards in a victory over the Washington Redskins. He became the first Division III running back to start an NFL game since December 24, 2000, when former Ferrum College running back Chris Warren started for the Philadelphia Eagles against Cincinnati.

Fred Jackson is 5 years older then Marshawn and has some miles on him from NFL Europe and the NIFL. Who knows how much a player has in them until they hit the proverbial wall.Perhaps the coaches don't want to run Fred into the ground.

The most physical postition in football is running back,bar none.They take immense pounding game after game.

While I agree that Freddy is a very talented player,I'd still rather stand by what the coaches think about a player then what you think!

Also take note that head coach Dick Jauron stated he thinks Marshawn Lynch has the biggest heart of any player he has ever known. That's a heck of a statement considering all the years he has played and coached.

Guest dog14787
Sorry to hear about your Mum......but it's good to hear that she is doing better. :wallbash:

It looks like you enjoy the discussions, arguments & discarguments as much as I do.

This is a great place to hang around.

Hey thanks,

Its allot of fun and ya, I like a little argument from time to time.

Some of these guys know football allot better than I do on this board so I'm glad folks put up with me for the most part.

Folks just ignore you on here if you start getting on their nerves, so I suppose I do get ignored sometimes, O.K., O.K., I get ignored allot :P

Guest dog14787
Hey thanks,

Its allot of fun and ya, I like a little argument from time to time.

Some of these guys know football allot better than I do on this board so I'm glad folks put up with me for the most part.

Folks just ignore you on here if you start getting on their nerves, so I suppose I do get ignored sometimes, O.K., O.K., I get ignored allot :wallbash:

Since I've been doing allot of complaining about Marshawn Lynch's stats in an effort to get Fred Jackson some notice, its only fair I also mention Marshawn Lynch started of slow last year and ended up with good stats after the year was finished and he seems to be on the same pace this year to do the same thing. Lynch gets better as the weather gets worst and we get closer to the end of the season, something you really want to see.

We can thank Deano for this important bit of info. :lol:

good point

Great point actually, 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons are BS stats. These are the same BS stats people here pulled out when they defended Willis. If a guy gets every carry for a team and that team runs 30 times every game 100 yards or 1000 yard seasons are a joke to attain.

The same people that simply look at YPC and that is the end all be all for a RB. How about when a guy gets those carries, on what down, etc, it makes a huge difference. I like Jackson but did anyone watch him try to get tough yards on the goal line last game? Marshawn would have scored in that situation.

Watch the games! Marshawn is a great RB.

Guest dog14787
Great point actually, 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons are BS stats. These are the same BS stats people here pulled out when they defended Willis. If a guy gets every carry for a team and that team runs 30 times every game 100 yards or 1000 yard seasons are a joke to attain.

The same people that simply look at YPC and that is the end all be all for a RB. How about when a guy gets those carries, on what down, etc, it makes a huge difference. I like Jackson but did anyone watch him try to get tough yards on the goal line last game? Marshawn would have scored in that situation.

Watch the games! Marshawn is a great RB.

You bring up the wrong point to defend Marshawn Lynch as a starter, my whole argument is Lynch is a good short yardage power runner and Jackson would be the better all around starter because he's a bigger play maker.

Need a yard? Lynch is great, but it doesn't get the job done as the starter.