Okay, season's over

sure gives ya a warm feeling that we just extended jerry gray's contract, eh?

83753[/snapback]

I can't blame the defense for this one. Take away the 83 yard TD drive by the Ravens, and it's still 13-6 and a loss. Oh and besides benching/moving players, demote Clements to QB coach and promote Wyche or have Mularkey call the plays. It's obvious that Clements isn't an OC.

sure gives ya a warm feeling that we just extended jerry gray's contract, eh?

83753[/snapback]

It's hard to believe that people could be so ignorant.

Gray's defenses is as much a product of how the offense plays as it is of how they play. IF you give a defense a lead they will be much more dominant because they don't play as cautious. When your offense is predicated on 3 and out the defense spends 45 minutes on the field and they are not going to have a good day.

I would love to see this defense play with a 14 point lead.

I can't blame the defense for this one.  Take away the 83 yard TD drive by the Ravens, and it's still 13-6 and a loss.  Oh and besides benching/moving players, demote Clements to QB coach and promote Wyche or have Mularkey call the plays.  It's obvious that Clements isn't an OC.

83790[/snapback]

I'm fairly certain I saw Mularky looking at a sheet with offensive plays on it during the game today. He might already be helping out with the play calling.

It's hard to believe that people could be so ignorant. 

Gray's defenses is as much a product of how the offense plays as it is of how they play.  IF you give a defense a lead they will be much more dominant because they don't play as cautious.  When your offense is predicated on 3 and out the defense spends 45 minutes on the field and they are not going to have a good day.

I would love to see this defense play with a 14 point lead.

83797[/snapback]

A 14 point lead maybe...but we all have seen them play with a small lead late in the 4th quarter and it wasn't pretty.

Not saying they're not a good unit, they're just not a good enough unit to play this low scoring, run oriented scheme we're playing because they can't keep the lead late in the 4th. Today, however, in the second half, they were as dominant as I've ever seen them. It was a thing of beauty.

I can't blame the defense for this one.  Take away the 83 yard TD drive by the Ravens, and it's still 13-6 and a loss.  Oh and besides benching/moving players, demote Clements to QB coach and promote Wyche or have Mularkey call the plays.  It's obvious that Clements isn't an OC.

83790[/snapback]

This is a Baaaad T-E-A-M it does not have a leader

All I can say is, if Mularkey wants to keep his job, he needs to get with the coaching staff, figure out which players need to play and where, and forget politics. Move Williams to LG, move Jennings to RT, start Price, keep Tucker in there (or not), bench Reed, start Baker, start Willis, let Sam and Pat rush the passer more, demote Clements, etc. Maybe if people are put in positions where they're best suited, good things will follow, or at least be there to build upon for next year. However one thing is clear: what needs to be done over the off-season is to UPGRADE THE O-LINE WITH BETTER PLAYERS.