Hey Lori...Big Game This Saturday, eh?

buckeyemike

#3 Penn State at #9 Ohio State (BCS Rankings)

8:00 at Ohio Stadium...105,000+ at the Horseshoe. ESPN Gameday in Columbus on Saturday. National TV audience for what I hope will be Terelle Pryor's coming out party. :beer: Part of that may have been this past game, when the Buckeyes waxed Michigan State up in East Lansing.

And I know that Saturday is your birthday, because as you know, you and my wife Kim share not only the same birthday but the very same birthdate.

I haven't seen any initial lines yet for the game. I have to believe it's close, but slightly toward Ohio State, since this is a home game.

GO BUCKS!

8:00 at Ohio Stadium...105,000+ at the Horseshoe. ESPN Gameday in Columbus on Saturday. National TV audience for what I hope will be Terelle Pryor's coming out party. :angry: Part of that may have been this past game, when the Buckeyes waxed Michigan State up in East Lansing.

And I know that Saturday is your birthday, because as you know, you and my wife Kim share not only the same birthday but the very same birthdate.

I haven't seen any initial lines yet for the game. I have to believe it's close, but slightly toward Ohio State, since this is a home game.

GO BUCKS!

Penn St is minus 1.5

Slightly the other way then...thanks.

Penn St has looked as impressive as anyone so far. With that being said, they have are going to be in an environment that is as intimidating as any in college football. There is just something about the Horseshoe at night. PSU wins this game & I think that puts them in the driver seat to play in the NC. OSU wins & they are in the driver seat in the Rose Bowl & it will still give them an outside chance at to play in the NC(although alot of things weould have to happen). Should be a great game. I like Penn St 24-21.

I've watched Pryor since his junior year at Jeannette, where he was a man among boys. He's going to be good. Damn good. Maybe even great ... but I'm not sure he's there at the college level just yet.

Guess we'll find out on Saturday night. Should be a hell of a game.

I've watched Pryor since his junior year at Jeannette, where he was a man among boys. He's going to be good. Damn good. Maybe even great ... but I'm not sure he's there at the college level just yet.

Guess we'll find out on Saturday night. Should be a hell of a game.

The funny thing is that if Penn St wins this game I think there is a very good chance they are going undefeated this year. They said on ESPN last night that if Texas/Alabama run the table there is no question that those teams will be playing in the NC. However if one of them loses & Penn St goes undefeated they would not be surprised at all if a one loss Florida/LSU/USC/Oklahoma jumps Penn St because of their joke of an OOC schedule. Wouldn't that just be a bite in the a** to Jo Pa.

The funny thing is that if Penn St wins this game I think there is a very good chance they are going undefeated this year. They said on ESPN last night that if Texas/Alabama run the table there is no question that those teams will be playing in the NC. However if one of them loses & Penn St goes undefeated they would not be surprised at all if a one loss Florida/LSU/USC/Oklahoma jumps Penn St because of their joke of an OOC schedule. Wouldn't that just be a bite in the a** to Jo Pa.

I tend to agree. If the Lions prevail on Saturday, I think they finish the regular season at 12-0.

Of course, I said the same thing about Wisconsin a few weeks ago before they lost to Michigan, so what do I know? :(

Lori, this should be a great game Saturday night. It also goes up against Game 3 of the World Series and my wife's birthday party.

I bought her an iPod. Don't tell her. :lol:

8:00 at Ohio Stadium...105,000+ at the Horseshoe. ESPN Gameday in Columbus on Saturday. National TV audience for what I hope will be Terelle Pryor's coming out party. B-) Part of that may have been this past game, when the Buckeyes waxed Michigan State up in East Lansing.

GO BUCKS!

Can the Bucks be nice to its fellow Big 10 compadre and let us go to the title game to lose? :ph34r:

GO STATE!!!!!!!!!!

Of the potential jumpers, SC looks most formidable. The PAC 10 looks weak overall so there is a case for Oklahoma. For Penn State to put it on the Badgers in Wisconsin like they did was impressive. The Buckeye offense woke up for a change last week against the Spartans so who knows. Buckeye crowds can be very complacent unless it is a big game. The Buckeyes will need that noise on Saturday. I suspect a lot of PSU fans will somehow get tickets. Stubhub.com lists tix at between $159 and $800. Penn St. is hungry and good. It has been a while since the Nittany Lions last beat the Bucks.

Penn St. is hungry and good. It has been a while since the Nittany Lions last beat the Bucks.

It's been a few years since the Lions beat Ohio State in State College. I don't have the year off the top of my head.

But Penn State is 0-7 at the Horseshoe since joining the Big 10. I was surprised to see that the Nittany Lions haven't won in Columbus since 1978.

Thirty years is a long time. That was the last year of Woody Hayes. If any Penn State team's gonna win in Columbus, it's this one. Should be a terrific game.

GO BUCKS!

It's been a few years since the Lions beat Ohio State in State College. I don't have the year off the top of my head.

But Penn State is 0-7 at the Horseshoe since joining the Big 10. I was surprised to see that the Nittany Lions haven't won in Columbus since 1978.

Thirty years is a long time. That was the last year of Woody Hayes. If any Penn State team's gonna win in Columbus, it's this one. Should be a terrific game.

GO BUCKS!

2005. Troy Smith, meet Paul Posluszny and Tamba Hali. That was a night game too, as I recall.

Yup, this one should be wild.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.