Why, oh why, oh why...

I'm guessing that living in the hell hole, you see him more than most here. Why is he playing end, and Bannan is inside?

Foot speed. In a phone booth, to use an overused cliche, Bannan can do an okay job. Ngata has shown that he has quick feet and can make lateral adjustments far better than Bannan. In that sense, he's a lot like Trevor Pryce, so he's more of a hybrid DE/DT. Bannan has really impressed their coaches also, which is why they feel they haven't missed much w/ the loss of Kelly Gregg, who is one of the most underrated D linemen in the entire league in my opinion.

I don't see how Ryan and his staff can be so high on Bannan. He sucks. He can't cut it. I know I read something to that effect here somewhere back in the day.

Because they wanted smaller quicker DT's in the hope of getting better penetration. Well what you will really get with that is those guys getting pushed back and then teams running all over and all day on you. You need quick on the outside not inside, uh duuuh! How many quick small DT's play at a high level? only one that comes to mind Tommie Harris. How many big DT's, Pat williams, Kevin williams, Haynseworth, Stroud, Jenkins, Wilfork, etc and on and on.

Right now Kyle williams is playing good because Stroud's next to him. What were they thinking pairing up small quick DT's would work. Regardless, lol, im happy we got Whitner. But mayb that wat critics were sayin when we reached for him. We could have drafted Ngata and then trade up into early 2nd and still get Whitner. While i love whitner, not much of a playmaker is he? Isnt that wat u expect from a top 10 pick?