Why, oh why, did we let go of Winfield?

Poor Hoculli can't catch a break.

I don't know what the ruling should be, but I really hate to think the fumble would still count. It can't.

His crew immediately followed up the blatant missed facemask with a missed incompletion call. It was reversed on replay, but still, it looked obviously incomplete in live action.

"Winfield and Clements are their current teams defensive MVP's"

No no no no no no no way.

It's Patrick Willis for the 49ers.

I could agree with Winfield at this time because the Vikes' normal MVP, middle linebacker E.J. Henderson, is out for the season and Winfield is a surprisingly adept tackling cornerback.

Winfield has been a favorite of mine ... still wear his 26 with pride. Can't say that about my 68 Mike Williams jersey!

He was a tough-nosed guy who never missed an open-field tackle. Maybe not much on interceptions, but runners rarely ran over him. I was glad to see him playing at a high level last night.

Winfield has been a favorite of mine ... still wear his 26 with pride. Can't say that about my 68 Mike Williams jersey!

He was a tough-nosed guy who never missed an open-field tackle. Maybe not much on interceptions, but runners rarely ran over him. I was glad to see him playing at a high level last night.

I would add that, when given the opportunity to play tight one-on-one coverage, Winfield is a hell of a cover corner. He was rarely give that opportunity (for better or worse) with the Bills.