Nice Scouts Inc. writeup on Trent

Horton's never had many nice things to say about the Bills, and he HATED JP (even when other analysts were hyping his potential), so this is refreshing - and accurate, IMO. I'll be interested to see whether the Cards do choose to blitz a lot on Sunday, that's been their M.O. this season but it backfired bigtime against the Jets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=3621986

Buffalo Bills

Edwards' ability to adjust

Bills QB Trent Edwards' best quality is his ability to adjust during the game. This is a big reason why Buffalo is so good in the fourth quarter and when coming from behind. If Edwards struggles early, he has the ability to read the defense and understand how it's attacking him, and that knowledge helps him later in the game. He has a great feel for every situation, recognizes down and distance situations and has a good sense of when to tuck the ball and run. He isn't a very flashy quarterback, but he has a great sense of what he is doing.

He should have good success this week versus the Cardinals, who will blitz him a lot. However, Edwards should be able to make adjustments, recognize the blitz, identify the matchups and go to his hot read.

Yeah well ... I'm less worried about Edwards vs. the blitz than I am about the o-line vs. the blitz the way it has been playing ... they have to at least slow it down most of the time or "getting it out quick" is eventually going to turn into "left the game when he was hit just after releasing the ball."

Yeah well ... I'm less worried about Edwards vs. the blitz than I am about the o-line vs. the blitz the way it has been playing ... they have to at least slow it down most of the time or "getting it out quick" is eventually going to turn into "left the game when he was hit just after releasing the ball."

If only the line could run block ALOT better, we wouldn't be worrying about any blitzing. :worthy: