Rams are bad

AlbanyBill

"SEATTLE — As the Rams walked into the visitors' tunnel late Sunday afternoon, 37-13 losers to the Seahawks, there was no escaping the wrath and derision of the Seattle fans.

"Whole Team Quit on Coach Scottie" read one sign.

"U Ladies Are the Worst" read another.

And then, verbally, came perhaps the worst shot of all from one of the Qwest Field faithful: "You're the worst team in Missouri!"

Ouch! But that's Rams football, 2008. They have become a national punch line to jokes about bad football in the NFL.

"Everyone looks down on us now," quarterback Marc Bulger said. "It's real popular to beat up on us. And we deserve it."

bullet SLIDESHOW: Photos from the game

At that point in the contest, less than 1½ quarters into the game, the Rams had been outgained 208 yards to 14 by a Seattle team that was winless itself entering the game and minus the services of seven injured wide receivers.

"They were able to pretty much do what they wanted to do in the first half," Linehan said. "We haven't been able to stop the run or the big plays. ... That seems to be an over and over thing. These big chunks of yardage that teams are getting on us is alarming.

"It's not like it's a new thing. It was alarming the first week. It was alarming last week. And it was alarming again."

"I'm trying hard not to cry. That's all I can say right there. I'm trying hard to hold back these tears. But they're more tears of frustration than pain."

And, oh, by the way, the unbeaten Buffalo Bills come to the Edward Jones Dome this Sunday."

:w00t:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...EC?OpenDocument

They are really bad. I hope we can win big.

"SEATTLE — As the Rams walked into the visitors' tunnel late Sunday afternoon, 37-13 losers to the Seahawks, there was no escaping the wrath and derision of the Seattle fans.

"Whole Team Quit on Coach Scottie" read one sign.

"U Ladies Are the Worst" read another.

And then, verbally, came perhaps the worst shot of all from one of the Qwest Field faithful: "You're the worst team in Missouri!"

Ouch! But that's Rams football, 2008. They have become a national punch line to jokes about bad football in the NFL.

"Everyone looks down on us now," quarterback Marc Bulger said. "It's real popular to beat up on us. And we deserve it."

bullet SLIDESHOW: Photos from the game

At that point in the contest, less than 1½ quarters into the game, the Rams had been outgained 208 yards to 14 by a Seattle team that was winless itself entering the game and minus the services of seven injured wide receivers.

"They were able to pretty much do what they wanted to do in the first half," Linehan said. "We haven't been able to stop the run or the big plays. ... That seems to be an over and over thing. These big chunks of yardage that teams are getting on us is alarming.

"It's not like it's a new thing. It was alarming the first week. It was alarming last week. And it was alarming again."

"I'm trying hard not to cry. That's all I can say right there. I'm trying hard to hold back these tears. But they're more tears of frustration than pain."

And, oh, by the way, the unbeaten Buffalo Bills come to the Edward Jones Dome this Sunday."

:w00t:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...EC?OpenDocument

They are really bad. I hope we can win big.

NOOOO this is exactly what I don't want to see...This is still the NFL and any given Sunday ALWAYS applies...I'm telling you this is going to be a tough game, that's what my gut is telling me (see raiders game)...hope I'm wrong