UB vs Missouri....Do You Believe in Miracles?

taterhill

Turner Gill: Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we play with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the world. You were born to be football players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team Missouri has. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

Lets shock the world Boys

Uh yeah. Not gonna happen. Sorry Buffalo.

It's probably going to take 50 to win. I can't see Mizzou scoring less than 45...

My friend took the UNDER in the Mizzou/Nevada game last week, which was 71. Basically, he was saying "Go ahead, see if you can put 10+ TD's on the board." Well, Missouri took that challenge and almost went over themselves, winning 69-17.

Turner Gill: Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we play with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the world. You were born to be football players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team Missouri has. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

First Mistake Tate, don't believe anything a Cornfugger says. :flirt:

It's probably going to take 50 to win. I can't see Mizzou scoring less than 45...

My friend took the UNDER in the Mizzou/Nevada game last week, which was 71. Basically, he was saying "Go ahead, see if you can put 10+ TD's on the board." Well, Missouri took that challenge and almost went over themselves, winning 69-17.

Well we are averaging 58 points/game so I'd say its going to take 60.

Well we are averaging 58 points/game so I'd say its going to take 60.

I was assuming that everything goes right for UB, they force some TO's and get some stops....If Mizzou scores 58/game they're going undefeated. Literally, for UB to win, they would have to play GREAT defense (which is relative considering the opponent) and try to score enough to win 41-38 or something like that...That would be GREAT defense. Unfortunately, allowing 27+ to Temple and Pitt doesn't bode well for holding Mizzou in the 30's or 40's.

Good Point LLR, in all honesty I have no bad feeling towards UB....its still hard to swallow that someone actually started a thread reffering to beating Missouri as a miracle. My freshman year at Mizzou was the year before Brad Smith came and we fuggin sucked....its been really neat to see what Gary Pinkle (both of his parents are from Buffalo by the way) has done with the program. If you want to do some scouting here's our highlights from last years beat down of Nevada.......

The only problem with this speech is that Missouri has not been good or in the national spotlight in forever & my guess is their time is not over, that their time is right now & UB is probably in for a major A** Whoopin on Saturday.

I think our offense is even more loaded than people realize. Daniel, Coffman, and Maclin get all the pub but this team has more weapons than just those three:

Jared Perry - #2 on the team in receiving yards and #3 in receptions. Super fast WR.

Derrick Washington - leads the team with 7 total touchdowns, Sophomore RB will only get better as the season moves on. Maybe the most overlooked part of the Tigers offense this season but don't expect that to last as I'm sure he will get a lot of notoriety by year's end.

Tommy Saunders - The other big play receiver on this team, Junior WR is averaging about 14 YPR and also has blazing speed. Caught two TDs against Illinois.

Jimmy Jackson - Change of pace RB, able to get yards in big chunks.

As for my prediction; Mizzou will take the foot off the gas in the second half after being accused of running up the score against Nevada and cruise to a 42-10 victory.

I think our offense is even more loaded than people realize. Daniel, Coffman, and Maclin get all the pub but this team has more weapons than just those three:

Jared Perry - #2 on the team in receiving yards and #3 in receptions. Super fast WR.

Derrick Washington - leads the team with 7 total touchdowns, Sophomore RB will only get better as the season moves on. Maybe the most overlooked part of the Tigers offense this season but don't expect that to last as I'm sure he will get a lot of notoriety by year's end.

Tommy Saunders - The other big play receiver on this team, Junior WR is averaging about 14 YPR and also has blazing speed. Caught two TDs against Illinois.

Jimmy Jackson - Change of pace RB, able to get yards in big chunks.

As for my prediction; Mizzou will take the foot off the gas in the second half after being accused of running up the score against Nevada and cruise to a 42-10 victory.

Don't mean to disagree with a fellow Stl Bills fan & Mizzou fan, but Tommy Saunders does not have blazing speed....Maclin (of course), Perry, and Danario all have blazing speed. Tommy Saunders is a jack of all trades guy, more of a possession reciever though... who goes over the middle and moves the chains. I love Tommy Saunders and think he's a hell of a WR but he's probably a 4.5-4.6 guy.

Hey, how about this?

Chase Daniel (Missouri), Sean Weatherspoon (Missouri) and Aric Goodman (Colorado) have been named Big 12 Conference Football Players of the Week as selected by a media panel. Daniel (offense) earned his sixth weekly accolade while Weatherspoon (defense) and Goodman (special teams) were honored for the first time.

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week

Chase Daniel, Missouri, QB, Sr, Southlake, Texas

Chase Daniel was 36-of-43 for a career-high 439 yards in the Tigers’ 42-21 win over Buffalo. He set the Big 12 single game record for consecutive pass completions with 20 during one stretch. Daniel’s completion percentage (83.7) set an MU single-game record for a minimum of 30 attempts. He also became the fifth player in Big 12 history to compile 10,000 career yards of total offense, finishing the game with 10,356. The Southlake, Texas senior upped his active streak of passes without an interception to 131, dating back to his only miscue of the season – in the second quarter against Illinois on Aug. 30th.

Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week

Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri, LB, Jr, Jasper, Texas

Sean Weatherspoon made a career-high 20 tackles, including three for loss in Mizzou’s win over Buffalo. He also contributed a half-sack and broke up a pass as the Tiger defense allowed a season-low 286 yards. Weatherspoon is tied for first in the Big 12 and ranks third nationally averaging 12.0 tackles per game. He also leads the conference and is tied for fourth in the nation with 2.0 tackles for loss.

Thanks Buffalo?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.