Tom Donahoe signing Grey

San-O

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
AMEN.  It's funny, when Gray had a lot less talent, his D's sucked.

80160[/snapback]

Gee, you think? You're right, he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL. I mean, if this guy couldn't make Raion Hill, Grant Irons, Ken Irvin and Leif Larsen into Pro Bowlers, what worth does he have?

I don't think that's exactly correct, but it is the gentlemanly thing to do.  A team does not have to release a signed assistant who is offered a HC position, but everyone does it because it's the right thing to do.  I suspect that's what you meant :lol:

80267[/snapback]

Nope - I think it's actually written down some where - because I remember it mentioned that it was modified last year - but I don't remember the exact details. Time for me to "google"

Nope - I think it's actually written down some where - because I remember it mentioned that it was modified last year - but I don't remember the exact details.  Time for me to "google"

80586[/snapback]

This is from a Len Pasquerreli story on ESPN

But under NFL rules, Blank had the right to deny the Bengals permission to hire Thomas, and he exercised that option.

Until three years ago, the Falcons would have been compelled to let Thomas leave, because the job represented a promotion. But there are now only two levels of coaches, assistants and head coaches, according to NFL guidelines. And an assistant coach under contract, as Thomas is, can only force a move if he is being offered a head coaching position.

I LOVE GOOGLE :lol:

Did anyone here think that maybe,just maybe it was Jerry Grey who had the contract offer a couple of months ago and was sitting on it,waiting to see if he agreed with the coaching tactics and ideas of MM or at least wanted to see if he could get along with him as the head coach,before signing an extension..? :lol: I think it is possible..

Gee, you think?  You're right, he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL.  I mean, if this guy couldn't make Raion Hill, Grant Irons, Ken Irvin and Leif Larsen into Pro Bowlers, what worth does he have?

80305[/snapback]

Never said pro bowlers. But christ, gimme a fuggin starter out of group of players that you have coached for TWO YEARS.