Marino gets his due

Dan Gross

Channel 2 news was bragging on how they posted the e-mail for "Inside the NFL" after Marino's comments about Buffalo came out, as the show was absolutely swamped with e-mail. Apparently they spend something like the first 10 minutes of the show on the issue, and they showed a clip with Costas holding a thick stack of paper that he said were all complaints about Marino. He said "HBO has not received so many complaints since [some character I don't know because I don't watch the show] was snuffed on the Sopranos." He flipped through the papers, Collinsworth picks one out at random, and Bob reads it. Dan is just beside himself the whole time....should be interesting to see in its entirety...

He said Buffalo fans were the meanest in the league because they hated living there, or something like that...

Edit: to be more specific:

“When I was playing in Buffalo, it was tough. Because they were, they had a great team, plus the fans. I mean that’s what they live for in Buffalo. Because truly, they don’t want to live there.”

Full story here: http://www.wgrz.com/storyfull.asp?id=23654

He said that the fans in Buffalo are great (or something to that effect), but none of them really want to live in Buffalo.

Its funny, at the stadium on Sunday they played his remarks on the Jumbotron, but cut it just as he was about to say the offending line.