NFL TV Distribution maps

stuckincincy

You'd prefer one of the other two games?

I'm just sick of the networks pandering to certain teams. Seems we always get Dallas as the second game, and I am sick of hearing about them and how they can do no wrong, even if they are losing. Just as sick as I am hearing about the Jets with Favre.

It's not pandering to the team, it's appeasing the market. Dallas has a lot of fans around the country and have a big loacl market. When they are good, they will be on at 4:00 a lot. it doens't hurt that they are West of the Mississippi either.

As for the NY teams, there's a reason that they NEVER play at the same time. NY is a huge TV market and TV pays the bills. if a NY team is even reasonably good they will be on at 4:00 nationally often. This weeks Miami/Jets game has national appeal because of Favre and while we are all sick of it to deny the national appeal of such a game is foolish.

Boiston is CBS' biggest market. They LOVE that NE is good so they can put them on a bunch also. When the Bills were good they were the marqee matchupand had wider coverage. When you don't make the playoffs for a million years your broadcast appeal gets smaller.

IMO the Bills national coverage this week is pretty good given that we seem to ahve just about the entire upper mountain west and a good chunk of everything else.

I'm a little confused about why Tampa/new orelans is on in LA and vegas and that might change if the affiliates opt into something else. The only local angle I can think of is Reggie Bush and that's pretty thin. Especially for Vegas.