Random Thoughts

plenzmd1

Just a couple of thoughts and questions

1) anybody else miss opening up Labor Day Weekend. I must admit if I am not going to the game, i like not worrying about a game this weekend. But, if i was going to the game, that Monday to travel and recover was nice.

2) First time tonight I will actually know a player a major college player. Russell Wilson will be starting for NC State tonight agaisn't South Carolina at QB. He went to kids school, a k-12 institution with about 1000 kids total. Type of place everybody knows everybody. Do not know him well, but he is also great friends with my neighbor, so spoke with him a few times this summer. Great kid, everything you want a scholar athlete to be,will be rooting like heck for him.

Thats all

Just a couple of thoughts and questions

1) anybody else miss opening up Labor Day Weekend. I must admit if I am not going to the game, i like not worrying about a game this weekend. But, if i was going to the game, that Monday to travel and recover was nice.

2) First time tonight I will actually know a player a major college player. Russell Wilson will be starting for NC State tonight agaisn't South Carolina at QB. He went to kids school, a k-12 institution with about 1000 kids total. Type of place everybody knows everybody. Do not know him well, but he is also great friends with my neighbor, so spoke with him a few times this summer. Great kid, everything you want a scholar athlete to be,will be rooting like heck for him.

Thats all

Go Wolfpack!

We were talking about that exact same thing this past weekend. It used to be fun to make a whole day out of opening Sunday. Have a bunch of friends over, smoke some bbq ribs, make some wings, lots o' brew... kind of a end of summer/NLF kickoff party with Monday to recover.

Go Wolfpack!

Man, I do not know if anyone saw this game, but the whole Kevin Everett thing came rushing back to me, but ten times worse as I know the kid laying on the field. Man, i literally had tears coming down my face, and I was trying to control them as my kids know Russell and it was a treat for them to see him playing on TV. I didn't want them to get scared watching me.

Maybe we are just more sensitive after last year, but when he was not moving, and the teams are all praying....man it was just awful. I could only think of what his Mom must have been going thru. Felt like a twenty thousand pound weight was lifetd when he did the thumbs up being wheeled off!!!

Then to hear later it was a concusion was just awesome(you know what I mean).