Gustav evacuations could begin Friday...

buckeyemike

South Louisiana...where Cajun Bills Backer lives.

I hope the meteorologists are wrong about this one, because Gustav looks like it could be a Category 4 or 5 when it makes landfall. Not only would this affect an area that still isn't fully recovered from Katrina, but it could spell danger for the oil rigs in the Gulf, and the thousands of workers on those rigs.

I really want this storm to make a sharp right hand turn out to sea. This could be a bad one.

South Louisiana...where Cajun Bills Backer lives.

I hope the meteorologists are wrong about this one, because Gustav looks like it could be a Category 4 or 5 when it makes landfall. Not only would this affect an area that still isn't fully recovered from Katrina, but it could spell danger for the oil rigs in the Gulf, and the thousands of workers on those rigs.

I really want this storm to make a sharp right hand turn out to sea. This could be a bad one.

This is going to be a real problem. This thing is going to sit in the Gulf and churn for a good 3 days before deciding to land. This has the makings of being worse than Katrina. I have to ships in the Gulf now and they are already heading out, problem is who knows which direction to go in. Gotta wait and see.

As for the rigs the price has already gone up $5 a barrel. Dont think it will sky rocket but it cant be a good thing.