Aaron Schobel

I just watched some game highlights again and noticed Schobel rushing the passer from a 2 point stance. How often has he done this so far this season - and can anyone think why they would have him in a 2 rather than a 3 point stance??

It just seems weird to me to have our best pass rusher lined up in a position where his momentum is not automatically forward to aid his rush....

I think - and this may make a little sense - that it seems to be happening in nickel packages where there are only 2 LBs in - but this still seems weird. Anyone help me out here?

From my own experience at DE - i used to go from a 2 when i was getting dominated by the tackle and wanted to increase my field of vision to help in run support - but Schobel seems to do it in obvious passing situations...

Disguises the rush and coverage. We've run zone-blitzes more than a few times, and it allows him to not show the D's hand, so to speak, especially if he drops into coverage. He can drop a couple of times, lull the OL to think he's dropping again, and then he rushes. They've done that several times so far this season.

Guest The Over-Analyzer

And I see Ryan Denney standing on one foot on obvious passing downs. Must be why he's a double team magnet.