Chase Daniel

Stl Bills

First off I admit I'm extremely biased but I don't see any reason my boy Chase can't make it in the NFL....he's the same size as Drew Brees. I've heard some say he's got a good but not great arm....check out this video and tell me he doesn't get a ton of zip on the old pig skin.........

Not to mention he might be the most accurate QB I've ever seen, college or pro.......no BS.

First off I admit I'm extremely biased but I don't see any reason my boy Chase can't make it in the NFL....he's the same size as Drew Brees. I've heard some say he's got a good but not great arm....check out this video and tell me he doesn't get a ton of zip on the old pig skin.........

Not to mention he might be the most accurate QB I've ever seen, college or pro.......no BS.

I guess the #1 reason scouts would be wary of him is the VERY poor track record in the NFL for QB's who took the majority of their college snaps from the shotgun. QB's are going to be under center in the NFL, that's just the way it is, and a quarterback's timing, footwork, and view of the field are drastically different when dropping back from under center.

Daniel has played in a spread offense featuring 75%+ shotgun snaps since he was in high school. That's not to say that he couldn't adapt to the NFL game, it's just a fact that MANY QB's before him have had trouble doing it. You mentioned his accuracy; if he gets to an NFL camp and combines his accuracy with GOOD DECISIONS, he will have a place in the league, no doubt.

It's a strange and difficult position...

To reiterate what LLR said, take a look at the struggles Vince Young is going through translating his game from a shotgun style offense at Texas to a NFL offense in Tennessee. Vince has had it even worse though, because he was in a one-read offense in Texas (where Mizzou runs the spread, a bit different). Still, it'll be hard for him to make the jump.

He's also pretty small, and has questionable arm strength.

That being said, he's a smart football player and a tough bastard, so I wouldn't be shocked if he made it.

Good game by Mizzou. I thought Illinois had something going in the second half but the turnovers were the end of that. How about Juice Williams: over 400 yds. passing and 5 TD's!

I hope Maclin is okay.

Hopefully the Tigers can get past Oklahoma and out of the Cotton Bowl. My hope for Illinois (even before this loss) was either the Capital One Bowl or Outback Bowl (New Year's Day).

The Missouri / Illinois game and the California / Michigan State game were great to watch. Plenty of miscues but competitive. Williams kept the Illini in the game. When they scheduled this game, I don't think either team was very good but surprise here they are in Week 1!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.