am I supposed to get an absentee ballot?

I got one in the mail yesterday...dunno why I should...I moved from Erie County to Monroe County, changed my voter party registration and also have filed taxes here for 2 years...they were even able to send it to the right address in rochester...so why would I get an absentee ballot aplication in the mail?

I also don't have a voter's registration card that I used to have when I lived in Erie County

I got one in the mail yesterday...dunno why I should...I moved from Erie County to Monroe County, changed my voter party registration and also have filed taxes here for 2 years...they were even able to send it to the right address in rochester...so why would I get an absentee ballot aplication in the mail?

I also don't have a voter's registration card that I used to have when I lived in Erie County

77834[/snapback]

Who sent it to you? Go and call 'em up and find out.

Each county is faced with a formidable task - for example, in Hamilton County OH (Cincinnati), where I reside, they send out 72 different absentee ballots and prepare the same number for the various polling places (each community has it's own tax levy issues, school levies, etc.).

I did receive by mail today, from same, a 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 card, clearly showing my polling place, date of election, poll hours, phone number if one has questions, and a very informative web site - check it out if you have an interest...no excuse for saying "I was disenfranchised!!!"...but I'm sure the shouts will occur afterwards. Sad, how society drives itself to the lowest common denominator... ;)

http://www.hamilton-co.org/boe/

77834[/snapback]

Did you use an absentee ballot last election?

nope...but it was in a different county

i just called monroe county's board of elections and they said they're not sure either why I got one...but I'm registered and all set to go! ;)

apparently in monroe county you don't get a registration card

in erie county, they couldn't stop sending them to me...i had like 3 of them before the 2000 election

nope...but it was in a different county

i just called monroe county's board of elections and they said they're not sure either why I got one...but I'm registered and all set to go!  ;)

apparently in monroe county you don't get a registration card

in erie county, they couldn't stop sending them to me...i had like 3 of them before the 2000 election

77941[/snapback]

Maybe you get to have 2 votes!

According to the "CW" on other threads none of this should be a surprise to you.

(sarcasm)

In King County where I live some voters got TWO ballots.

So I go back to my statements that until the Boards of Elections can stop the screwups you can't entirely blame for the voter for not always knowing what to do.