Article on Turk's O-Scheme

MikeInABQ

...that being, this Bills offense needed some confidence, and Turk proved he's definitely ready to give it to them.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._228223900.html

The article brings up how Steve Fairchild, when he was here, just constantly out-coached himself with his fear that he needed to trick the opposition to beat them, and somehow, he always ended up being the most predictable OC in Bills history. The article also points out something I was scratching my head about last year, namely how SF seemingly kept the Bills Offense in the can even as far in as the first few weeks of REGULAR SEASON, simply NEVER letting them open it up, as if he was receiving death threats if we ever got one intercepted or something.

I don't necessarily like the way the article ends, even if it's probably how I, myself, would have written it, the ever-pessimistic guy I am, but the point about how Fairchild screwed himself, but moreso his players, with his fear, and Turk might just be the guy to break that spell, was refreshing to finally see in print.

Dunno. Nobody else was talking about it, least as far as I saw, so I brought it up.

...that being, this Bills offense needed some confidence, and Turk proved he's definitely ready to give it to them.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._228223900.html

The article brings up how Steve Fairchild, when he was here, just constantly out-coached himself with his fear that he needed to trick the opposition to beat them, and somehow, he always ended up being the most predictable OC in Bills history. The article also points out something I was scratching my head about last year, namely how SF seemingly kept the Bills Offense in the can even as far in as the first few weeks of REGULAR SEASON, simply NEVER letting them open it up, as if he was receiving death threats if we ever got one intercepted or something.

I don't necessarily like the way the article ends, even if it's probably how I, myself, would have written it, the ever-pessimistic guy I am, but the point about how Fairchild screwed himself, but moreso his players, with his fear, and Turk might just be the guy to break that spell, was refreshing to finally see in print.

Dunno. Nobody else was talking about it, least as far as I saw, so I brought it up.

Must not have noticed mine and others beating of this dead horse issue around here. I've been talking about this very subject when it was clear the Bills coaches were to afraid to trust in their offensive players from the get go in 2007. I held Jauron equally responsible when the game plan, that netted a whopping 20 touchdowns, never ever changed. He needed to get over his "code of non-interference" of coordinators and tell Mr. Fairchild to change the damn playcalling. I saw a dramatic change in the Toronto game plan and hope that it will be what we'll be seeing from the Bills in '08. I'll give Jauron credit in going with Edwards, but he did him and JP a disservice last season with that putrid conservative play-not-to-lose offense. Let's see if they truly stick with it when the games count.

I'm glad the O executed finally.

BUT, it's not time to form up for a circle jerk. It's still just pre-season exhibitions. I mean does anybody remember when Jimmy Johnson came to Dallas and thought he had it all figured out when he wailed on teams his first pre-season? The Cowboys went 1-15 when it counted.